8x50r lebel load data

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

8x50r lebel load data

Post by Leeross » 18 Feb 2023, 10:50 pm

Gday all I am new to the forum I’m wondering if anyone has any load data for the 8mm lebel rifle round I have just purchased a m16 Berthier carbine ,I’ve read the lee data with their dies is very weak. I am using Bertram brass and bertram 180 gr flat base .323 projectiles, I have ar2208 and ar 2209 on hand at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: 8x50r lebel load data

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 Feb 2023, 8:15 pm

G'day Leeross,
My current load for the Lebel is 45.8g of 2208 with a S&B 196g RNFB for an average of 2240 fps, OAL is 65.5mm. my previous load was 48.5g of 2208 with 198g Prvi FMJ but the current load seems to be a bit better in the carbine, and no real different in the rifle. I have loaded Hornady 150g SP with 44.0g of 2206H but they were a bit harsh so cut it back to 40.0g which worked better. The Lebel seems to like slower powders, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Leeross » 21 Feb 2023, 10:42 am

Thanks very much No1Mk3 for the information I’ll try work out a load for it now ,I’ve been looking forward to trying out the old carbine . Cheers
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by ederlezi » 27 Feb 2023, 6:03 am

Morning guys,

On that one, would anyone be kind enough to help me find some 8x50r lebel ammo. I have a level and a berthier which need to express themselves, but they can't yet, as I am not reloading.

Thank you,

Ben
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Feb 2023, 5:00 pm

G'day ederlezi,
Nobody imports 8x50R here, so it remains on the Obsolete Caliber list with Police. The cost of original, collectible, ammo is very high and can reach $5 a round so not viable to shoot not to mention a lot of it is now click-bang or dead and is only worth buying for the clips. Reloading is really the only way to go, unless you make friends with someone who reloads and is willing to make some ammo for you, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Feb 2023, 6:27 pm

ederlezi wrote:Morning guys,

On that one, would anyone be kind enough to help me find some 8x50r lebel ammo. I have a level and a berthier which need to express themselves, but they can't yet, as I am not reloading.

Thank you,

Ben

Make your own if you want to enjoy shooting milsurp rifles.
I don't load 8x50R but I think you can use 7.62x54R brass, which is not hard to get.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by dnedative » 27 Feb 2023, 7:39 pm

Call Western Firearms in Sydney, they had brass
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Kawashima » 05 Oct 2023, 6:03 am

Call Bertram.
They made the Lebel Brass. Pretty expensive, cost me $3.3 for each, but decent quality
Kawashima
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by ederlezi » 09 Oct 2023, 11:11 am

Thank you all. Yes, I got a quote from Bertram and I am on the Western Firearms waiting list.
Reloading is indeed the only way to go, just need to get my hands on some brass first.

Leeross, how did it turn out for you to use Bertram brass and projectiles? What is your recommended "recipe"?

Thank you
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Leeross » 12 Oct 2023, 3:23 pm

I did try out some I reloaded following the lee die powder chart appx 40 gr of 2209 before I posted on here and it was way too weak .haven’t got round to uping the rates yet but I think no1 mk3 will be about spot on with his loads just goin off how light recoil with 40 gr was. Think I’ll try the 2208 and start at 44 gr see how that goes.cheers
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition