Selling Powder Privately

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Selling Powder Privately

Post by Toolnup » 10 Dec 2023, 10:50 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know the rules and regulations regarding the sale of reloading powder in the various states? I'm in TAS if that makes a difference.

I see there is a bit for sale on the usual sites so I was hoping I can also offload what I have.

Thanks.
Toolnup
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Selling Powder Privately

Post by mickb » 10 Dec 2023, 6:01 pm

I have all I need thanks Officer but good luck with your query. Just kidding but I notice the bulk of your posts are on legalities of doing various things. Id probably seek direct info from the cops of the state you are in for this one.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Toolnup » 11 Dec 2023, 9:37 am

mickb wrote:I have all I need thanks Officer but good luck with your query. Just kidding but I notice the bulk of your posts are on legalities of doing various things. Id probably seek direct info from the cops of the state you are in for this one.

Thanks mate, I'm flattered your checking up on me and I can appreciate you looking out for the community but I can assure you I'm not here to entrap anyone.

I will contact Tas Police and see what they come back with but looking at the link below it may be a no.

https://fas.police.tas.gov.au/existing-licence-holders/ammunition/

Cheers
Toolnup
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by stihl88 » 11 Dec 2023, 12:05 pm

While you're at it perhaps ask them the laws around 'giving' the powder to licensed persons should selling be an issue.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Dec 2023, 2:21 pm

Yes this VVVVV

stihl88 wrote:While you're at it perhaps ask them the laws around 'giving' the powder to licensed persons should selling be an issue.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition