vihtavuori n110

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

vihtavuori n110

Post by mickb » 23 Dec 2023, 8:25 am

I came across some of this. Anyone tried it in their pistol cartridges? From the data it seems interesting, in 44 mag max loads are listed similar power to Win 296 ...with a couple grains less powder. Not sure how they manage that, but at any rate, seems to be slower burning than 2400 and 2205.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: vihtavuori n110

Post by wanneroo » 23 Dec 2023, 8:37 am

I plan on getting some next time I order powder online or next time I visit this one wholesaler I found in my state that will sell to the public. They carry a lot of Vihtavouri and I got some different powders last year for 9mm.

I have heard good things about N110 and plan on trying it in 300 Blackout and 357 Magnum. When I do the videos will be posted on my Youtube page as usual. Yes it does seem Win 296/Hodgdon H110(same powder those two are) are similar to Vihtavouri's N110.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mickb » 23 Dec 2023, 7:32 pm

Thanks for the reply waneroo. Seems faster than win 296/h110 but similar energies so whether they are pushing it higher pressure in their load manual or blue sky in the figures not sure. Either way it seems to get good reports as cleaner burning than the others including 2400.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by wanneroo » 24 Dec 2023, 1:31 am

mickb wrote:Thanks for the reply waneroo. Seems faster than win 296/h110 but similar energies so whether they are pushing it higher pressure in their load manual or blue sky in the figures not sure. Either way it seems to get good reports as cleaner burning than the others including 2400.

Yes some of the weights on the powder charges are different than Win 296, so I am curious to see how it pans out.

I read some reviews on it and people report less muzzle flash, more accuracy and clean burning.

I have some 357 Magnum brass ready to go and after I finish "Project Big Booty"(300 Blackout subsonic with Berry's Bullets on my channel), I'll get some N110 and try it out.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Reloading ammunition