ADI 2209 in Sydney

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

ADI 2209 in Sydney

Post by Hogester79 » 12 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

Guys/ Girls,

Anyone bought any ADI 2209 in any of the shops around Sydney in the past week or so?

Starting to get silly in terms of availability of stuff I need to reload. I couldn't be bothered calling all the shops again as I did that 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
Hogester79
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: ADI 2209 in Sydney

Post by Shotfox » 12 Jun 2014, 1:16 pm

Horsley park have it
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Shotfox » 12 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

Well at least a week ago they did
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 12 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm

I was getting sick of ringing shops asking about powders and getting the same "you're joking right?" Response but it's the only way to know who has received what.

No point driving half way across Sydney on the strength of a rumour.

That said when my mate messaged me he was at the gunsmiths in Sefton and they had 2208...well you know the rest :). Needless to say I grabbed 4 kg of it :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Hogester79 » 12 Jun 2014, 2:10 pm

Ok I'll give Horsley a buzz.

Point taken Chronos, just wanted a little direction before hitting the phones again. I live in the Eastern Suburbs so Horsley is literally half way across Sydney for me!.

I wanted to try somw VV N150 or some 160 (close to 2209 to try something different) so I call everywhere asking for either.. sure we have 2208... we have N140/N165 - Think I can find 2209 or 150/160.. nope! Lucky I am not shooting a lot lately otherwise id be buying Federal 80gr's bulk cause there isn't anything I want to reload with.
Hogester79
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 12 Jun 2014, 2:51 pm

Hogester79 wrote:Ok I'll give Horsley a buzz.

Point taken Chronos, just wanted a little direction before hitting the phones again. I live in the Eastern Suburbs so Horsley is literally half way across Sydney for me!.

I wanted to try somw VV N150 or some 160 (close to 2209 to try something different) so I call everywhere asking for either.. sure we have 2208... we have N140/N165 - Think I can find 2209 or 150/160.. nope! Lucky I am not shooting a lot lately otherwise id be buying Federal 80gr's bulk cause there isn't anything I want to reload with.

Mate if I lived over there I'd ring the NSWRA store at malabar, then western firearms and safari before HPGS or Abelas

Good luck. It's hard ATM.

CHRONOS
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Hogester79 » 12 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm

Yeah I pretty much always do, Safari is my go to store, shows how hard stuff is to track down when I've got to get all the way to Horsely for powder!
Hogester79
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Hogester79 » 12 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm

Thanks for the tip before Chronos, didn't even know the NSW RA had a store. They have what I need in stock plus some brass that I have been trying to track down. Best of all 20 mins from home.
Hogester79
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 12 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm

Hogester79 wrote:Thanks for the tip before Chronos, didn't even know the NSW RA had a store. They have what I need in stock plus some brass that I have been trying to track down. Best of all 20 mins from home.

yeah it can be a blessing when you find they have what you want a the best price in sydney, strange opening hours are unfortunate but par for the course.

i used to be there every saturday for a few years not it's a 45min to an hour drive to shop there as i don't shoot at malabar any more

no problems mate, glad you found what you need

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 12 Jun 2014, 6:14 pm

Chronos wrote: Needless to say I grabbed 4 kg of it :lol: Chronos

Now I know where I can borrow some AR2208 from since I never did find a 4kg supply ..... ;) ;)
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 13 Jun 2014, 3:36 pm

I'm glad I only hunt these days and don't use target shooting volumes of ammo.

These days 100 rounds last me months so one tub of power goes the distance.

When I was shooting 100-200 rounds per trip to the range it seemed I spent hours every week trying to track down reloading supplies.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition