308 powder

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: 308 powder

Post by headspace » 02 Jul 2014, 9:07 pm

I shot the 20 rounds at 100m today with a load of 44.5gn 2208 and the 165gn Hornady. The groups were pretty ordinary compared with the ones I had shot with the same bullet and 2206H.

However I've loaded some more and bumped the load up to 45.5gn which is still under the ADI website max of 46gn. There is no compression in the load (yet) so we'll what happens next week.

The rifle seems to like a bit more velocity too, the Winchester brass has pretty good capacity and the chambering on my Howa is reasonably generous.

JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 05 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

Warrigul wrote:Just my humble theories, they may be wrong and I am happy to be corrected. I am only going off what I have done.

No worries. Just curious.

Keep slugging away JD, there will be a winning load in there somewhere ;)
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 06 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

Warrigul wrote:I have a hundred loaded up and will head out to the range when it dries out a bit, it is private property and I don't want to wreck the tracks.

I will load for speed first (to keep it supersonic at 1000) then play with accuracy.

It was nice and still this morning so I went out and tried a few, I actually had to halt at max load with the 168s, the case heads weren't expanding but the primers were very flat and creeping. No issue with the 155s.

Speed is good and will be okay out to 1000 with the 155, but I only had 50 of each in various loadings(ten lots of five) to try, as I don't count a single group as a fair guide I will load up a few of the most promising group of each(and to either side) and go from there.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by pucker » 07 Jul 2014, 10:45 am

Cool mate.

Let us know how you go :)
pucker
Private
Private

New South Wales