Reloading 500 Nitro Express cost analysis

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Reloading 500 Nitro Express cost analysis

Post by cavok » 22 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm

AussieTimmeh wrote:Oh wow cool, better add that to the wishlist! :D

I'm going to need some stronger wrists and shoulders!

And to win tattslotto. I believe S&W claim if it lives on this planet, their 500 will stop it. So with your Nitro Express and the 500, let the shooting begin. :)
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jorge in Oz » 23 Oct 2014, 1:24 pm

Sorry Timmeh, but I must have missed in this thread (or another thread) but what type of rifle will you be firing these huge projectiles out of?

Cheers

jorge
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”

22LR, 243W, 303-25, 6.5x55, 303-270, 8x57, 12G
Jorge in Oz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by AussieTimmeh » 23 Oct 2014, 1:36 pm

Jorge in Oz wrote:Sorry Timmeh, but I must have missed in this thread (or another thread) but what type of rifle will you be firing these huge projectiles out of?

Cheers

jorge

Hey jorge,

This was my original post back when I ordered it, but basically my local gunsmith has started making and selling his own single and double shot rifles. While they are fairly simple, they are beautifully made and it's about the only way I can afford to get into such a calibre. The gunsmith Ralf Dauner makes all the metal parts himself while his wife does all the timberwork.

I saw it the other day. All the metal parts had just been blued and the final touches were being applied to the timberwork. Hopefully it will be finished in the next week or two, so I need to get some rounds built so we have something to shoot! :D

I'll definitely get some pictures up when it arrives, and a video of shooting it for the first time.
Savage Model 10 BAT/S .308, Savage Mk II .22LR, RBD Omni-Break 500 Nitro Express
AussieTimmeh
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by loopal » 23 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

Video of you getting knocked over for the first time :lol:
loopal
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition