Reloading what and how & why

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Reloading what and how & why

Post by Westy » 15 Oct 2014, 8:20 pm

Warrigul wrote:I don't wish to put you off and I don't want to sound patronising. I can see what you are trying to achieve, and the intent is honorable, but in some ways you are generalising a little too much for a beginner and then making assumptions about prior knowledge. Most people new to the sport come into contact with the reloading bug but to be honest they would be better off buying one of the many reloading manuals and following it verbatim rather than trying to use a forum.

The best way to learn is at someone elses bench, I was very lucky in having a very experienced club member teach me the basics and then mentor me as I went along. Most will rely on others and literature. EVERYONE will make some mistakes and hopefully learn more as they go along.

I think kindly, experienced mentors, such as yourself, and good quality manuals are the best place for a new reloader to start. Forums will often solve specific problems and that is their forte.

Any forum needs input and I did enjoy your pistol article.

Just my humble opinions.

x 2 Warrigal
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition