No more core-lokts for reloading?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

No more core-lokts for reloading?

Post by quickdraw » 05 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

So apparently Remington are no longer selling core-lokt bullets for reloaders...

You can buy factory ammo still, but if that ammo doesn't work well in your particular rifle then you're s**t out of luck.

Anyone confirm if they're actually no longer selling it, or if it's just a temporary supply shortage?
Remington Model 700™CDL™ chambered in 7mm-08 Remington.
Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50mm.
quickdraw
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Re: No more core-lokts for reloading?

Post by lole » 06 Oct 2013, 8:34 am

quickdraw wrote:Anyone confirm if they're actually no longer selling it, or if it's just a temporary supply shortage?

I couldn't see why they would stop selling them as their obviously a popular bullet and plenty of people will only shoot hand loads.

I'd say supply shortage given the state of things over the past 6 months in the US.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Monty » 06 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm

quickdraw wrote:So apparently Remington are no longer selling core-lokt bullets for reloaders...

You can buy factory ammo still, but if that ammo doesn't work well in your particular rifle then you're s**t out of luck.

Anyone confirm if they're actually no longer selling it, or if it's just a temporary supply shortage?

Whether due to a temporary shortage or not, the effect can be the same.

If all the yanks are scrambling to stockpile everything they can and they all want factory ammo, Remington will direct all their resources to factory ammo.

Either way, means no bullets for you unfortunately.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by Grated » 06 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm

I've seen a few bullets around in my travels. Might be a matter of finding somewhere that still has some old ones in stock and snatching them all up until supply returns to normal.
Thin out their numbers, Ned!

Mmm, thin out their numbers!
Grated
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Swarm » 06 Oct 2013, 5:17 pm

Stock up and import a few boxes from the US?
Sako 75 Hunter IV 6.5x55 SE with Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm
CZ 455 .22LR with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm CDS
Winchester 88 .284 Winchester
Swarm
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Reloading ammunition