Highland projectiles

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Highland projectiles

Post by Kyle2632 » 11 Jan 2015, 3:30 pm

Hi guys

I have read on this site that you can get Highland projectiles very cheap somewhere in Australia but I havent been able to find anything on them. Has anyone on here seen them around. Im chasing 243 by the way.

Cheers
Kyle2632
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Highland projectiles

Post by bunnybuster » 21 Jan 2015, 1:52 am

Have bought them in 311, 223 from Claremont firearms Bibra Lake, not much good to you, but they might tell you who their wholesaler is, and call them for someone close to you.

Be Safe BB
bunnybuster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by ebr love » 23 Jan 2015, 9:42 am

This is pretty much suggestion for everything :lol:

Try Magnum Sports in Roseville, Sydney.

They will ship nationally (cheap too), no problems shipping projectiles as they don't go bang.

Anything I've wanted which they haven't had they've always been happy to call round and order it in.

Try them, if they have a supplier they'll order and send to you no problems.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 23 Jan 2015, 10:02 am

Ive done the leg work on this for my 30-30 win and in general. Magnum Sports DONT do Highland/PPU projectiles and haven't for a long time.

OSA nor Ridgeline list this brand of projectile anymore either.

I'm keen to buy in bulk but not keen to part with over $0.20 per pill if I can avoid it.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Guliver » 23 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

The standard velocity .22 LR highland failed two in one box ruptured down the side of the case. Also found I needed to clean my gun more frequently, due to the amount of soot and crap they left behind. Back to using CCI, more expensive but far better quality.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 23 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

Guliver wrote:The standard velocity .22 LR highland failed two in one box ruptured down the side of the case. Also found I needed to clean my gun more frequently, due to the amount of soot and crap they left behind. Back to using CCI, more expensive but far better quality.

Doesn't sound good at all. I've had Winchester various breeds not fire lately, also CCI and Federal. I blame my firing pin. But never had rupture.

Have you tried or know where to get the Highland/PPU projectiles as in the OP?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Bourt » 30 Jan 2015, 7:36 am

KWhorenet wrote:I've had Winchester various breeds not fire lately, also CCI and Federal. I blame my firing pin. But never had rupture.

Mmm, hard to blame the ammo when they're all failing on you.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by BBJ » 30 Jan 2015, 7:37 am

KWhorenet wrote:Have you tried or know where to get the Highland/PPU projectiles as in the OP?

I think what OP is referring to reading was a comment here by Warrigul? Saying he got them in bulk cheap but it was a once of clearance special or something I think. Not an every day deal.
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Remington
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .243 Winchester
R.I.P. M1 Garand .30-06 Springfield

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Reloading ammunition