Alcohol and reloading

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Alcohol and reloading

Post by vexesus » 30 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

Hi guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the law in all states around alcohol and firearms is you can't use a firearm while "under the influence" of alcohol. There is no 0.02 limit or any hard number specified to be tested against, just the interpretation of influence.

Before anyone starts... I never touch a drink when using the guns, I know zero alcohol is the way to go legally and just with common sense.

My question is... What's the story with reloading and alcohol. I haven't been able to find anything on this.

Say you want to do an hours reloading and sip on a beer while you do it. What's the situation legally?

Talking guns locked up tight, just handling powder and primers. Not in a situation where anything could be fired.

All subject to common sense of course, I do me a beer. Not several, not getting plonked while doing it.

:?:
vexesus
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Alcohol and reloading

Post by 1290 » 30 Mar 2015, 9:00 am

In Vic, the firearms provision I recall states that you cant be under the 'influence' of alcohol, what is influence?? only the courts can answer that, but for driving a motor vehicle, the accepted level is 0.05...... but may be considered ZERO.... considering how much more dangerous guns are compared to cars (no not really, but to the tards yes...)

For reloading, the handling of explosives is covered by the Dangerous Goods laws.... and refers to one being 'adversely affected by alcohol or drugs'
and is so described if "the person's judgment or capacity is impaired to the extent that the person may expose the person's or another person's health or safety to a risk." again, quite open to interpretation....

.....there are also provisions for a firearm licencee to boot someone from their home... if drunk :drinks:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Vati » 30 Mar 2015, 1:03 pm

It would be nice if they could bundle it all in the one piece of legislation for people to more easily following.

As it is there are bits covered in Acts on firearms, crimes, oh&s, dangerous goods, parks and wildlife, animal treatment and probably more I'm not thinking of around the different states.
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 30 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

Vati wrote:It would be nice if they could bundle it all in the one piece of legislation for people to more easily following.

As it is there are bits covered in Acts on firearms, crimes, oh&s, dangerous goods, parks and wildlife, animal treatment and probably more I'm not thinking of around the different states.

That would be logical to make the laws easy to interpret.... and stay within the laws.
Last edited by Aster on 31 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sent you a pm
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bunnybuster » 31 Mar 2015, 3:23 am

Common sense dictates you don't imbibe [like that?] while reloading,we don't want to give the autocrats any excuse to think they can have access to our

homes/reloading area to do a "random breath check" while reloading so don't even think it,regulate yourself !

BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BB.
bunnybuster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 31 Mar 2015, 8:17 am

I'm not sure the Stasi... sorry KGB... sorry Politz are authorised to enforce the DG laws, the [primary] authority is the Workcover Authority - though the Police may be authorised to enforce the laws all the same, as well as the MFB and possibly anyone else who the minister care to nominate.

The police would more likely knock on your door for a random storage inspection..yay for keeping us safe from ourselves!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by sbd3927 » 31 Mar 2015, 9:47 am

You wouldn't want to be tipsy at all, I'd go with the adversely affected above.

On the other hand, reloading and smoking = you bloody idiot :lol: Although this probably isn't illegal, quick let's call the nanny state for yet more legislation! Should ban mobile phones near reloading stations too, like in the service stations. :sarcasm:
Excuse me Sir, your metadata indicates you visited a gunshop which sells propellant powder without turning off your mobile phone...
Anschutz 1515-1516 22WMR
Steyr Prohunter 308win, Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50
sbd3927
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bunnybuster » 31 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm

sbd3927 wrote:You wouldn't want to be tipsy at all, I'd go with the adversely affected above.

On the other hand, reloading and smoking = you bloody idiot :lol: Although this probably isn't illegal, quick let's call the nanny state for yet more legislation! Should ban mobile phones near reloading stations too, like in the service stations. :sarcasm:
Excuse me Sir, your metadata indicates you visited a gunshop which sells propellant powder without turning off your mobile phone...

At least the smoker will have IMMEADIATE results from his/her stupidity, :crazy: not an overload lurking in the caseguard for a future ambush, :shock:

Be Safe BB
bunnybuster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Harts » 31 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm

sbd3927 wrote:Should ban mobile phones near reloading stations too, like in the service stations. :sarcasm:

Going to need to ban the sun soon for the fires it starts.
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by chacka » 01 Apr 2015, 10:39 am

bunnybuster wrote:Common sense dictates you don't imbibe [like that?]

Fancy :ugeek:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

I reckon if you need someone to tell you what to do at every turn in your life you are more than likely an idiot and shouldn't be handling firearms or breathing for that matter, we don't need ya on the planet, please remove yourself at the earliest possible convenience! :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by dustin » 02 Apr 2015, 9:02 am

"Take the safety labels off everything and let Darwinism sort it out"

:D
dustin
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Rocker » 02 Apr 2015, 11:57 am

bunnybuster wrote:At least the smoker will have IMMEADIATE results from his/her stupidity, :crazy: not an overload lurking in the caseguard for a future ambush, :shock:

Didn't this happen in the last few months?

I remember something about a shed fire where a guy was killed?

(Could be wrong)
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Reloading ammunition