NSW Powder Limit

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: NSW Powder Limit

Post by Chronos » 02 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm

1290 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
1290 wrote:I thought it was one of the states.....in New South a barrel is a firearm though isnt it :lol: :lol:

Wrong again mate, back to the forest for some target shooting for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

barrels are a firearm part, you can be in possession if you have the appropriate license, they can be posted and sold without going through a deal afaik

Chronos

the forest ??? who the f*** do you think I am, Bilbo Banks???

go and shoot your 6mm.....if you can handle the recoil; I wonder if you hold your boyfriends hand when you pull the trigger on the 12g... :lol:

you can possess a barrel if you have a licence?? that smells like a contradiction there mate....they are therefore REGULATED.... and they need serial numbers too!! on a barrel!! :lol:

Go Stevie! :clap:

LOL, regulated?

not sure where you get your stuff from mate but no serial numbers on any of my barrels :lol: you need a license to possess ammo too mate, doesn't make them a firearm :friends:

Chronos

PS: the forest comment was referring to your commonsense laws in Vic about sighting in rifles on public land, nothing more, also WTF is bilbo banks? do you mean baggins? :unknown:
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 02 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm

Section 4 A is interesting....and very vague but essentially says that I don't need my spare barrels numbered though I wouldn't like to test it in court.

128 Numbering of firearms and spare barrels

(cf 1997 cl 103)

(1) The Commissioner may, by notice in writing served on a person who has possession of a firearm or a spare barrel that is capable of taking and discharging ammunition for that firearm, allot a number in respect of the firearm or spare barrel.

(2) The Commissioner is not to allot such a number unless the Commissioner is of the opinion that there is no other unique number that could be used to sufficiently identify the firearm or spare barrel.

(3) A person (including a licensed firearms dealer) must not have possession of a firearm or spare barrel in respect of which a number has been allotted by the Commissioner in accordance with this clause unless that number has been imprinted on it in the following manner:
(a) in the case of a firearm—by stamping or, with the approval of the Commissioner, by engraving the number in an exposed position on the firearm, or

(b) in the case of a spare barrel—by stamping or engraving the number on the outer surface,
in numerals not less than 2 mm in height on a metal part of the firearm or spare barrel.

Maximum penalty (subclause (3)): 20 penalty units.

(4) A person does not commit an offence under subclause (3) in respect of having possession of a firearm:
(a) if the person did not know and had no reason to suspect that a number had been allotted by the Commissioner in respect of the firearm, or

(b) if the person, being a licensed firearms dealer, replaces a barrel that is so damaged or worn as to require its replacement, and all particulars as required in relation to that replacement are supplied in writing to the Commissioner within 24 hours of replacing it.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by scrolllock » 06 Jul 2015, 1:15 pm

The Commissioner "may" allot a number.

Always nice to have certainty on these things :roll:
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 06 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

Chronos wrote:also WTF is bilbo banks? do you mean baggins? :unknown:

It's his non celebrity cousin :lol:
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 06 Jul 2015, 1:49 pm

baggins biggins banks.... I've only watch those movies about 3,000 times over the kid's shoulders.....

& Yes. Regulated.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition