Smart Reloader equipment - opinions?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Smart Reloader equipment - opinions?

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Nov 2015, 11:13 pm

So, I was browsing through reloading gear (toying with getting a new trimmer and perhaps a new powder thrower) and smart reloader gear started coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with their gear? I'm curious as it's quite cheap (you can get an entire press kit with tumbler, scales, trickler, etc) for little money, and given what it would be used for, accuracy and quality are important.

Now, I'm not looking at a new press kit, but was curious what people's first hand experiences are with them
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Smart Reloader equipment - opinions?

Post by newsteadvic » 09 Nov 2015, 5:56 am

I bought the large press for one job which it did do - just. My main press did not take large dies.

Overall it is crap and I would not suggest anyone buy it as a main press. The arm needs tightening every few uses, I bent the arm and primer arms for on-press priming don't fit primers!
newsteadvic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiiger » 09 Nov 2015, 10:15 am

I've had a look at their scales and tumber and it felt a bit cheap (quality wise) to me.

You get what you pay for as always.
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

Just to clarify, I'm not looking at buying it, it's more out of curiosity as it started popping up while I was looking at other equipment. The price of their presses seemed very cheap, and it looked a bit cheapish in photos. So I thought I'd see if anyone had any first hand experience with it. It seems my suspicions were correct
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Apollo » 09 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

I think you will find it's Made In China and the quality matches.

There have been in the past plenty of stories of woe and broken parts on other Forums. However, after some time most were replaced by the distributor but who wants cheap rubbish that breaks at the most inconveniant time.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Ed9362 » 09 Nov 2015, 6:40 pm

I have the smart reloaded powder dispenser and scale, I'm very happy with it, I used to double check every load it threw with my good scales but after a while I learned to trust it and it works very well
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 12 Nov 2015, 8:39 am

You pay for what you get.....

COLLECTOR 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 12 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

Apollo wrote:most were replaced by the distributor but who wants cheap rubbish that breaks at the most inconveniant time.

That's becoming a more popular business model these days.

Replacement warranty on ultra cheap crap instead of spending a few extra $ to get quality that will do better for longer.
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by deadkitty » 13 Oct 2016, 9:35 am

I bought one Smart Reloader ammo case for my .223, the bullets rattle and , if you turn the box on it's side or upside down, they fall out ....hopeless if you're reloading like me. I'll never buy another. Cheers
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition