Ways to dispose of ammunition

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Ways to dispose of ammunition

Post by adam » 10 Mar 2016, 6:13 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day adam,
Just curious, what calibres/quantities we talking here? I love playing with old or obsolete ammo, been doing it for decades. Happy to take it if your contactable and I know all the appropriate means of recycling components, Cheers.

Not talking much at all - mostly damaged ammo or stuff I wouldn't dream of shooting.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by adam » 10 Mar 2016, 6:13 pm

Chickenhawk wrote:
adam wrote:I'm not too worried about handing it into Vicpol. They know what I have, and I'm licensed. CCTV, my face, car rego - they already have this information, and I'm licensed for this ammo anyway.

Not that there is anything to "worry" about with handing it into the Police, only thing I believe is that you're surrendering dangerous goods or some such and have to do forms and sign of stuff, blah blah, can be a bit of a process.

If you can just had to an RO at the SSAA range next time you're there it would be a time saver.

OH - didn't realise you had to sign forms and go through a whole lot of paperwork. Bonfire sure is sounding simpler now. :lol:
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 10 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm

Are they hand loads or factory ammo? I usually take factory ammo I no longer want/need because I've sold the gun, back to my local gunshop and he puts a price on it and we do trade for something I do need/want.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Hatter » 11 Mar 2016, 12:03 pm

adam wrote:OH - didn't realise you had to sign forms and go through a whole lot of paperwork. Bonfire sure is sounding simpler now. :lol:

I haven't handed in any myself but have read the same in an old topic here.

You don't just drop it on the counter and go apparently.
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Mar 2016, 12:27 pm

Hatter wrote:
adam wrote:OH - didn't realise you had to sign forms and go through a whole lot of paperwork. Bonfire sure is sounding simpler now. :lol:

I haven't handed in any myself but have read the same in an old topic here.

You don't just drop it on the counter and go apparently.

....no, they ask for your firearm licence so they can record that you have such an excess of ammo that you ran out of appropriate storage room at home..... :)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Bark » 08 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

happyhunter wrote:Are they hand loads or factory ammo? I usually take factory ammo I no longer want/need because I've sold the gun, back to my local gunshop and he puts a price on it and we do trade for something I do need/want.

Nice arrangement, I reckon most wouldn't
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by MakeItHappenCaptain » 09 Apr 2016, 1:16 am

Re: Cornflakes

My uncle drowned in a vat of whiskey at the distillery. His mates tried to save him, but he fought them off bravely. They cremated him. Took three days to put out the fire.
CZ 452-2E
Sako S491 .223
Cooper M54 22-250
Rem 7600 .308/.458 SOCOM
MakeItHappenCaptain
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Wobble » 02 May 2016, 1:30 pm

MakeItHappenCaptain wrote:My uncle drowned in a vat of whiskey at the distillery. His mates tried to save him, but he fought them off bravely.

:lol:
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Reloading ammunition