How much do you reload?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: How much do you reload?

Post by headspace » 14 May 2016, 10:11 pm

I load for 4 hunting rifles and one target rifle. The hunting rifles seldom have more than 40 rounds on hand, especially the 9.3x62 which only comes out on special occasions. The target rifle ammo is kept at a level ready for the next Bench rest or now, F Class shoot and there's still some experimenting going on there. I use a Lee single stage and variety of dies. There's a set of Whidden dies coming up for the Creedmoor target rifle. I don't care how long it takes because I don't do big volume.
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 14 May 2016, 11:19 pm

i've gotten into the habbit of replacing the ammo i shoot that day, usually starting the process soon after i get home that said i only load for one cal and only a few boxes here and there
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by bigfellascott » 15 May 2016, 8:29 am

Depends on whether I doing culling or a bit of spotlighting/whistling type thing, if it's culling then 300 - 500 and generally hunting duties usually 200 will see me right for a while.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by southwest shooter » 26 May 2016, 2:06 pm

Whenever I get down to my last twenty rounds , 204 ruger.
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rakk » 27 May 2016, 11:45 am

Usually buy 3-4 boxes of pill at a time.

Load them all.

When I'm down to the last box of handloads buy another 3-4 and repeat.
Rakk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Mick280 » 28 May 2016, 11:21 pm

Box of 50 per caliber except for 45 LC,2 boxes of 100 for Single action!!
Mick.
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Homer » 29 May 2016, 8:14 am

G'Day Fella's,

They say "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words".
DSCN0789.JPG
DSCN0789.JPG (958.27 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by sandgroperbill » 29 May 2016, 12:40 pm

animalpest wrote:Hmmmm... let me see, I reload for my 5 different center-fire calibres that are used by my 6 professional shooters on permanent staff. Seems they are always running out of ammo and the job we have tomorrow needs more 222, 223 , 22.250, 243, 25.06, 308 or 375 ammo for some particular need, but never the ammo we have already loaded! (got fox loads, but not wild dog loads, or camel loads but not feral goat loads etc.)
Hand-loading ammo can be a chore when it needs to be done, or it can be when I enjoy working up a particular load that is accurate.
I don't reload like pistol shooters do. But maybe 100 rounds for a days/nights shoot would be enough. For that job.
Most of my rifles shoot handloads, with the exceptions being the 308's which may burn through a few thousand rounds in a week and reloading doesn't make sense when the animals are only 20-50m away.
All of my accurate rifles have tailor-made hand-loads built to order for their work. And the work and science that goes into making these consistently accurate is still a buzz after 35 years!
Mike

You midwest or pilbara? I'm not sure I'd want to hunt as a career, but I'd love to get up and spend a week or so on a station in a year or two. So i envy you and don't envy you all at the same time :)
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 29 May 2016, 4:41 pm

This month I've loaded a few hundred rifle which is down on average but I've loaded just over 10,000 pistol rounds. Not hard to load big numbers using the Dillon when you can punch out 400-500 per hour. I've been buying 30kg lots of once fired brass which I lube, resize and wash ready to load as seen in the picture below. Saturdays are spent preparing the brass which is then loaded over 2-3 nights during the week depending on family commitments because they come first.

25kg of brass prepared and ready to load
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG (349.72 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by petemacsydney » 29 May 2016, 6:25 pm

brett1868 wrote:This month I've loaded a few hundred rifle which is down on average but I've loaded just over 10,000 pistol rounds. Not hard to load big numbers using the Dillon when you can punch out 400-500 per hour. I've been buying 30kg lots of once fired brass which I lube, resize and wash ready to load as seen in the picture below. Saturdays are spent preparing the brass which is then loaded over 2-3 nights during the week depending on family commitments because they come first.

25kg of brass prepared and ready to load
IMG_2326.JPG

hhhhhmmmm, brass... and lots of it! Noice!
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gregg » 17 Jun 2016, 1:38 pm

Looking good Brett
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal