Hawkesbury River projectiles

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Hawkesbury River projectiles

Post by snag » 06 Aug 2016, 8:39 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with HRBC? I shoot .310 cadet in combined services comp and I'm just about out of 128 gn round nose projectiles. No where seems to have any and I need them for my pet load. Anyone know where I can get a box or two?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Hawkesbury River projectiles

Post by snag » 06 Aug 2016, 10:35 pm

No, but I'll ring them first thing Monday morning. Thanks mate.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 07 Aug 2016, 9:27 am

They got bought out by another company who has moved the equipment to VIC. Supposedly be up and running fully by Christmas in large amounts.
Think you need to message them to order now as they dont have online store.
LGS said other they they asked for large amount got told will be a long wait as they cant fill it that fast. Local are now looking to westcastings instead so I am waiting to try those.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Aug 2016, 9:40 am

Buy a mould and cast your own?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by snag » 10 Aug 2016, 8:39 pm

bentaz wrote:Queensland gun exchange had a good supply of hawksbury bullets when i was there at easter, have you tried there?

Ordered a box from QGE, they don't have them in stock but their on back-order. They reckon the new factory will be filling orders soon. Happy to wait.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by thebear » 17 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm

Black Widow bought Hawksbury River out early this year. Yet Black Widow do not have the range that Hawksbury River was selling. The next best supplier is Top Score, however they do not sell to the puplic. These can be purchased through Horsley Park Gunshop. Also Safari Firearms has a good stock at the moment and they are far better to deal with than Horsley Park.
thebear
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 17 Aug 2016, 1:05 pm

Thanks bear :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 17 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

Back in May this year I spoke with the bloke who bought the company. He's based in Mildura and as a mate and I were heading to S.A at the time we were going to call in and stock up. Unfortunately he was still in the process of setting the machines up and hadn't set up for the calibers we needed. Seemed like a nice bloke .
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Tank » 17 Aug 2016, 10:39 pm

snag wrote:Does anyone know what is going on with HRBC? I shoot .310 cadet in combined services comp and I'm just about out of 128 gn round nose projectiles. No where seems to have any and I need them for my pet load. Anyone know where I can get a box or two?

Hey Snag,
I've got a full box here if you're interested.
PM me and I'll try to sort something out with you.
Regs,
Tank.
Keep calm......and hold centre of mass.
Tank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Mitch » 18 Aug 2016, 6:56 am

Send them an email! I did and he has sent back that he will make whatever I want and gave me the prices etc.

Instead of speculating, just contact them direct, then you know
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by no eye deer » 10 Sep 2016, 6:12 pm

He's got a full price list out now. (it's in me car atm.) :) Was over there last weekend.
Previously owned-
CZ-SP-01
Ruger #1 Tropical 458wm
Remington 870 12g
Browning BLR 308
Winchester SPS 308
AIA 223 S/A
Anschutz 22
heaps of others,cant remember :)
no eye deer
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 10 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm

Has a price list. Has he actually got product?
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigM » 10 Sep 2016, 8:05 pm

He has some association with Black Widow but they seem to be separate companies.

A few months back there were some negative comments on the Black Widow facebook page about the quality of the projectiles from the old HRBC company and how the new ones would be much better.

I used the old HRBC 135gr pistol projectiles and while I had a higher number of rejects than I would have liked I considered them a reasonable projectile. The old HRBC was at least Internet literate and you could buy online.
The old HRBC website still has not been updated and the online store is still offline.

I live in the biggest firearms market in Australia (Sydney) and nobody seems to stock HR or Black Widow.
I guess they both do not want me to buy their products.
"Are you ready?"
bigM
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 10 Sep 2016, 8:38 pm

Bigm, couldn't agree more. I spent two days looking for 9mm projectiles and ended up buying 100 Hornady 115gr fmj's just to make some rounds..

3 Australia manufacturers are all not making bullets..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition