Cheap case lube

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Cheap case lube

Post by Smokey » 30 Oct 2016, 9:34 pm

You funny guys,,,
Truth is, I really have to small size those cases. The wax and other lubes would too often crease the shoulder.
So I went searching around the garage and found the valvoline,,,You know what I mean, Cutter bar oil. Suddenly I had 99% success rate. So not a case of being cheap, It s**t all over dillan lube.
Oh, Small size. My LGS just said shave a few thou off the bottom of your full length size die and bobs your uncle.
I also chem clean the brass so not worried about powder contamination.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time, We would.
Smokey
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 31 Oct 2016, 6:22 am

Getting lube dents is nothing to do with the lube, you're applying it wrong. :thumbsup:

The hardest part of the case to size is the biggest, there's a reason the sizing lube pads only apply lube to the case walls, because that's where it's needed. Excess lube on the neck just gets pushed down to the shoulder junction and formed the dent

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Smokey » 31 Oct 2016, 9:01 am

That was one of the possibility's investigated. Could have been the problem very early when I first started loading. Would still happen when only lubing the side. Its all sorted now anyway.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time, We would.
Smokey
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition