AP50N and AP70N

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

AP50N and AP70N

Post by junjun » 21 Nov 2017, 11:17 pm

I have been using AP50N for my 9mm from 115gr to 135gr lead projectiles. I just recently purchased 145gr RN. From the ADI book it doesn't say anything about AP50N. Can I still use AP50N for 145gr? Or should I return the projectiles and get back to something lighter?

Cheers guys.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: AP50N and AP70N

Post by Wylie27 » 22 Nov 2017, 6:49 am

i have never ran 145gr through my 9mm’s always the 124/125gn pills.

Have a look at Hodgson Data, they rebrand adi powders to their line and do most of the load development for adi.

Cant help you with which powder is which for hodgson but google should be able too.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 22 Nov 2017, 7:22 am

AP50 is way too fast a powder for 147gr so either get some AP70 or swap for a lighter projectile.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 22 Nov 2017, 11:22 pm

OK. Am going to pay someone to reload for me. I will provide the projectile and brass, also the brass. Cheers.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by doc » 23 Nov 2017, 9:13 am

junjun wrote:OK. Am going to pay someone to reload for me. I will provide the projectile and brass, also the brass. Cheers.

Is there any reason you've decided to pay someone to reload for you? Do you feel like you don't know enough about reloading, or do you actually find it a trying task, etc?

I actually really enjoy my reloading sessions. It took a bit to learn and understand, but it gives me a break from the rest of my life - a time to be quiet, focus on one thing. Not sure why, etc - but reloading for me is 'downtime'.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by junjun » 23 Nov 2017, 10:09 pm

doc wrote:
junjun wrote:OK. Am going to pay someone to reload for me. I will provide the projectile and brass, also the brass. Cheers.

Is there any reason you've decided to pay someone to reload for you? Do you feel like you don't know enough about reloading, or do you actually find it a trying task, etc?

I actually really enjoy my reloading sessions. It took a bit to learn and understand, but it gives me a break from the rest of my life - a time to be quiet, focus on one thing. Not sure why, etc - but reloading for me is 'downtime'.

I just don't have the suitable powder for this particular projectile. Since I still have heaps of AP50N left, don't really want to buy another AP70 just for this 500 rounds. If it shoots way better than the others, I will buy AP70 and reload in the future.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 23 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm

doc wrote:

For me, reloading is both a business and an exercise for improving mental health for essentially the same reasons, quiet, focused relaxation :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 24 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm

junjun wrote:I just don't have the suitable powder for this particular projectile. Since I still have heaps of AP50N left, don't really want to buy another AP70 just for this 500 rounds. If it shoots way better than the others, I will buy AP70 and reload in the future.

I would buy the powder, load the ammo and try it. If you don't like the powder give what's left to somebody else. That would seem more sensible than paying somebody else's labour to make ammo for you. Personally I'm a bit wary of shooting ammo I haven't loaded myself, particularly in handguns where double-charging is so easy to do.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Nov 2017, 8:29 pm

bladeracer wrote:
junjun wrote:I just don't have the suitable powder for this particular projectile. Since I still have heaps of AP50N left, don't really want to buy another AP70 just for this 500 rounds. If it shoots way better than the others, I will buy AP70 and reload in the future.

I would buy the powder, load the ammo and try it. If you don't like the powder give what's left to somebody else. That would seem more sensible than paying somebody else's labour to make ammo for you. Personally I'm a bit wary of shooting ammo I haven't loaded myself, particularly in handguns where double-charging is so easy to do.

Makes sense.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by junjun » 25 Nov 2017, 9:08 am

bladeracer wrote:

I thought about that too. I pay $100 for this guy to reload 500 rounds for me, he reloads all ammo for my pistol club too, he is actually very trustworthy. In fact, he used to compete in IPSC internationally, and ranked in top 20 in the world. For extra $35, I have lots of advice about reloading and IPSC infomation from him, I think it's ok. I still have about 1000 projectiles for me to load, not enough to shoot that's the problem.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition