Electronic Scales

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Electronic Scales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Jan 2018, 7:17 pm

sungazer wrote:Oldbloke whatever you do don't do that..

Obviously wet powder is an issue. But I was thinking a Damp bud

Is that enough to cause ignition failure if just a few grains are removed that way and they find their way into another case.?

The moisture would be spread over the other few hundred granuals.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 25 Jan 2018, 7:59 pm

I know I am saying it without exceptions only because I don't know and I don't think could ever pass on that skill in a post. But I would assume the powder would absorb the moisture and you would continually wetting buds. Like wetting your fingers in a bank counting notes "A day dream or wish it were mine"
Although when having that odd case that spills its guts in your chamber i have found the carby cleaner leaves them very hard and easy to get out they stick together but retain there form. I haven't tried and water or oils on them to see if they get squishy.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by tom604 » 28 Jan 2018, 12:00 am

Oldbloke wrote:
sungazer wrote:Oldbloke whatever you do don't do that..

Obviously wet powder is an issue. But I was thinking a Damp bud

Is that enough to cause ignition failure if just a few grains are removed that way and they find their way into another case.?

The moisture would be spread over the other few hundred granuals.

not a problem if you dip them in petrol, i'm an ideas man :allegedly: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Flyer » 01 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

I bought an RCBS Chargemaster Lite on special but kept my RCBS beam scale as a cross reference.

I'm OCD, so while the Chargemaster Lite is throwing the next charge, I check the previous one on the beam scale before I load (target loads, not hunting).

Once warmed up and calibrated, the Chargemaster Lite always throws within 0.1gr with only one over- or under-throw about every 20 loads. In fact, I loaded 50 rounds the other night and had just one underthrow and no overthrows. Most throws were within about 0.05gr according to my beam scale (half a white line).

For the money, I've been impressed with its performance. It's stock, too - no straws or other tricks - but maybe a little bit slower than a modified Chargemaster 1500 from what I've seen online. I gave my Uniflow to a friend.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by JimTom » 01 Feb 2018, 6:05 pm

Nice one Flyer. sounds like a great bit of kit to have on the bench.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Holstered » 05 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

I'm new to the reloading game (6mths). When looking for scales late last year I did a lot of research and discovered the GemPro250 or more so their 30yr warranty is what captured my attention.

I got mine from Melbourne based supplier at www.medshop.com.au (& no I'm not related to them :D ). Accuracy is to 0.01 grains and has served me well thus far for 9mm pistol reloading.

I run mine on mains power and turn it on for nearly 30mins before use to warm up the load cell and am mindful of air current near the unit..

I use a Dillon Square Deal B press and check my powder on the scales during the process and all good so far.
Holstered
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition