Reloading room/mancave

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Reloading room/mancave

Post by brinny » 05 Mar 2018, 4:24 am

After over 40 years of busting my arse....18 of those years being self employed... i have finally decided to hang the boots up and "try" to get a life back....As any of you knows that are self employed, the 38 hr week which most employees enjoy, is non existant....the 100 hour weeks is normal....so i planned a little something as a reward to myself for all that self confessed hard work and all the unpaid hours one has to put in to ensure his survival......We have just done some renovations and extensions on the house and included in that is a man cave/reloading room....and what a room....i have been dreaming of such an area for a very long time...and it finally has arrived....It has been an arduous journey, as having consistant trades people at the place on and off for the last 15 months, the dust, noise, never being able to find things that have had to be packed away during the ronos...and the constant invoices..(oh man).....But we are finally at the end, and it has been all worth it.....I can see myself spending a lot of time in this room for a lot of years to come.....Its not quite finished yet, as i still have some cedar shelves getting made etc....but thats about all....I fitted up the press yesterday and started doing what the room was intended for .....and have 400 223s ready to load as the first installment.......

https://i.imgur.com/ZXlSGUG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RHIsWLc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tghKDxs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LMk5fuI.jpg
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Reloading room/mancave

Post by wanneroo » 05 Mar 2018, 4:44 am

Looks awesome, plenty of room for everything and looks like a nice sturdy bench. Have fun with that.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JimTom » 05 Mar 2018, 5:34 am

Mate looks good. To say I am envious is an understatement. From what you have described though, sounds like it is well deserved. Good on you mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 05 Mar 2018, 6:09 am

Looks great. Well worth the effort
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by marksman » 05 Mar 2018, 7:00 am

nice one :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 8:49 am

Nice room warm and inviting bet you will spend many happy hours in there as you fit it out with all the comfort features of a man cave as well as a reloading room.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Stix » 05 Mar 2018, 10:12 am

:thumbsup:
What a rippa...!!!
Nearly big enough for your own in door air rifle range... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 05 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

I can smell that wonderful aroma of cedar from here! Very nice indeed.
Now all you need is a beer fridge, leather lounge, big T.V, pool table, dart board........ :thumbsup:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by brinny » 05 Mar 2018, 11:42 am

Gamerancher wrote:I can smell that wonderful aroma of cedar from here! Very nice indeed.
Now all you need is a beer fridge, leather lounge, big T.V, pool table, dart board........ :thumbsup:

Thanks all for the comments....when i designed the extension i made sure that there was plenty of room for the mancave/reloading room....included in the design was a large lounge/games room/trophy room as well.....being a non drinker i didnt have the beer fridge to design around.....and of course the wife was catered for considerably in all this as well....after all...happy wife....happy life right... :thumbsup:

https://i.imgur.com/dlsF7df.jpg
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 05 Mar 2018, 11:56 am

Gee mate, a non-drinker, that's alright, but what about when all of your "friends" from enoughgun come to pay you a visit? :lol: :friends:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by brinny » 05 Mar 2018, 1:14 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Gee mate, a non-drinker, that's alright, but what about when all of your "friends" from enoughgun come to pay you a visit? :lol: :friends:

Ha ha....Be well catered for....Im in another forum called Aushunt and have met some great dudes on there....Have had the odd forum function at my place and at my range...(which was given the name Area51)...by the boys.....While the beer doesnt come out till all the guns have gone to bed...there is plenty of other refreshments on hand :drinks: :drinks:
Last edited by brinny on 06 Mar 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 1:36 pm

Very nice and agree about the happy wife. Does she have any hobbies other than shopping for jewellery and clothes.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by brinny » 05 Mar 2018, 2:20 pm

sungazer wrote:Very nice and agree about the happy wife. Does she have any hobbies other than shopping for jewellery and clothes.

No mate....extremely low maintanance....and she can cook too :thumbsup:
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 05 Mar 2018, 3:44 pm

nice set up brinny. i shoulda bought a safe the size of yours in hindsight. solid work bench too. cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Mongrel » 05 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm

Wow, now thats a nice setup.
Enjoy it mate sounds like its well deserved :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brinny » 05 Mar 2018, 6:16 pm

bigrich wrote:nice set up brinny. i shoulda bought a safe the size of yours in hindsight. solid work bench too. cheers

Cheers again fellas....
Bigrich...You can never have a big enough gun safe....always plan for more not less.... :thumbsup: .....the bench was a laminated load bearing exposed beam that ran through our old kitchen....we pulled the kitchen out and turned it into a bedroom, and we were able to pull the beam out and replace it with one in the ceiling....
It was 6.0m long...and as soon as i saw it on the deck, i instantly knew i had a home for it.....magnificent..... :thumbsup:
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 05 Mar 2018, 6:31 pm

good to hear ya recycle building materials brinny. keeps cost down too
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 05 Mar 2018, 8:03 pm

Good on you brinny...!!! Thats tremendous...!!! :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 07 Mar 2018, 8:20 pm

That's going straight to the pool room!
Very nice.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Noisydad » 08 Mar 2018, 4:49 am

Llllllllgggghhhh (wipes drool) Mine is 7 feet x 7 feet and my safes are in another room..deep sigh. With those mounts on the wall are there plans to find a Zebra skin rug for the floor? A Zulu shield and crossed assagi's for the wall?
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Stix » 08 Mar 2018, 7:24 pm

Noisydad wrote:Llllllllgggghhhh (wipes drool) Mine is 7 feet x 7 feet and my safes are in another room..deep sigh. With those mounts on the wall are there plans to find a Zebra skin rug for the floor? A Zulu shield and crossed assagi's for the wall?

He probably hasn't unpacked them yet...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brinny » 09 Mar 2018, 3:59 am

Noisydad wrote:Llllllllgggghhhh (wipes drool) Mine is 7 feet x 7 feet and my safes are in another room..deep sigh. With those mounts on the wall are there plans to find a Zebra skin rug for the floor? A Zulu shield and crossed assagi's for the wall?

Dont worry mate...know how you feel....been putting up with the same thing as you for a very long time .....untill now.... After having six houses over the years, this is the end of the line for houses for us, so when we did all the renos and extension....it was always going to have what we have always wanted in it....A mate in England is sending over a nice set of Roe buck antlers to euro mount, to give it that exotic feel....there are plans afoot to get to Queensland this year to hunt chital, so if all goes well, there will be a chital skin on the floor.....and hopefully a couple of heads on the wall...
Dont know about the zulu sheilds though.....maybe assagi`s..(if i knew what the hell it was) :D :drinks:
Last edited by brinny on 09 Mar 2018, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brinny » 09 Mar 2018, 4:01 am

Stix wrote:

He probably hasn't unpacked them yet...

Everything unpacked mate...lots to fit in....slowly taking shape... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 09 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm

Should've put :allegedly: or :lol: ...
Just in case...i was only kidding mate...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brinny » 09 Mar 2018, 7:53 pm

Stix wrote:Should've put :allegedly: or :lol: ...
Just in case...i was only kidding mate...

Ha ha...you worry too much mate....its all good....always open too suggestions.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brinny » 14 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm

Another wall in the cave just about done....with the cedar door finally arriving and getting hung...(just have to stain it now) and a few ornimants to adorn the wall.....Was lucky enough to take a nice 12 point red stag a week ago as well as the 8 pointer in the cave in the same week....so to make room for the 12 pointer, the 10 was relegated to the cave....and really looks the goods in there......the small set of skull and antlers were a gift from a friend in the UK of a Roe buck.....he thought the cave might need the exotic touch....man they are a small deer....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 14 Apr 2018, 8:55 pm

nice digs mate.i've read they hunt roe in europe with 222.
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by brinny » 14 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm

bigrich wrote:nice digs mate.i've read they hunt roe in europe with 222.

Cheers bigrich....Yep...they do mate....the mate shot this one with a 223.....Paul was saying this is a very decent head for a Roe buck.....they dont get that much bigger.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 14 Apr 2018, 10:50 pm

geez brinny, i'm 6'4" and 125kg. i'd need two of those roe deer to make a sandwich :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition