Reloading is Boring!

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Reloading is Boring!

Post by sungazer » 10 Mar 2018, 12:55 pm

Hey what are you doing at home reloading. Why arnt you shooting at the Tas Queens, nobody from your club? I was thinking of coming but family and ammo on the ferry were a problem.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by deye243 » 10 Mar 2018, 1:27 pm

Gwion wrote:Well. I've just decapped and primed 200 cases and now I'm weight sorting 200 bullets.....

If i wasn't so happy with the results and money saved over factory rounds i really wouldn't bother reloading. I keep looking out the window and thinking what a great day it would be to be out fishing or practicing with the 22 instead. Oh well. Just been to chiro yesterday so reloading is a good way to fill time productively on a rest day but by f#ck is it boring!!!

:lol: :drinks:

unless you want 2" groups at 500m don't bother weight sorting pills
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 10 Mar 2018, 1:41 pm

I got a bit into it, buying spent brass just to load. Funny thing is these past few years I got so busy reloading I wasn't shooting as much.

I usually do about an hour or two at a time, more than that the attention span wanders or my fingers or shoulder get tired.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 1:44 pm

deye243 wrote:
Gwion wrote:Well. I've just decapped and primed 200 cases and now I'm weight sorting 200 bullets.....

If i wasn't so happy with the results and money saved over factory rounds i really wouldn't bother reloading. I keep looking out the window and thinking what a great day it would be to be out fishing or practicing with the 22 instead. Oh well. Just been to chiro yesterday so reloading is a good way to fill time productively on a rest day but by f#ck is it boring!!!

:lol: :drinks:

unless you want 2" groups at 500m don't bother weight sorting pills

Sgooting at 600 today. Wishing for those 2" groups! :)
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 1:46 pm

sungazer wrote:Hey what are you doing at home reloading. Why arnt you shooting at the Tas Queens, nobody from your club? I was thinking of coming but family and ammo on the ferry were a problem.

We're all too poor to afford shooting the Queens. Especially when i just shot a pair of 47s... need to train up for that sort of thing. :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by sungazer » 10 Mar 2018, 2:12 pm

Awoch was it really windy or other issues. I had my best week ever last week with 3 possibles, even cut 2 sighters in 2 ranges that were 6s. Having a little game on the day to try and get as many xs as possible. I have trouble so far getting a really tight group to get high x counts. F standard I shoot off an old bipod though which I found to be costing me points. Sorted it last week with a different rifle hold.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 2:20 pm

Started off well with 2x 6s so posted well for our Dead Eye comp but then the wind started playing up, as it often does here. Rising, dropping... going flat then fishtailing and some mirage to deal with to boot....
Managed some more 6s and a couple X but kept running into 4s and even a 2 on a reallly bad wind call...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 4:17 pm

Also. Didn't help that i forgot my comb riser and had to improvise by using my hand on the comb to get any sort of consistent cheek weld.....

Anyway. In the end our one and only lady shooter shot a 56 on her first detail but then the wind started playing up again and she also blew out to a bunch of 4s with the odd 5 & 6 on here second run. Was still good enough for her to out shoot the guys, though.
Last edited by Gwion on 10 Mar 2018, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by holden4th » 10 Mar 2018, 4:45 pm

sungazer wrote:What is your load?

160g projy into .38 super Remington Brass. It's manually indexed but that saves me making mistakes - hence the beer.
holden4th
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 10 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

I asked Gwion that as I thought he was shooting a 308 in f class and wanted to do a bit of a compare across the water. I am currently using the Berger Hybrid 155 with 45.3 grn AR2206H
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 5:57 pm

Nah. 7-08. :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by sungazer » 10 Mar 2018, 6:13 pm

Your going to have to step up to a 7mm RSAUM that is what the boys at the top are shooting. Expensive though have to be prepared for a new barrel every other year or even each year i would think.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 6:16 pm

My dream rifle is a 284 shehane... Something like a Barnard
/TrueFlite in a GRS X Eater... Dreamin'....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Next

Return to Reloading ammunition