Reloading bench Projects N stuff

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Reloading bench Projects N stuff

Post by eddahenry » 10 Mar 2018, 12:29 am

I had deburred one to many cases buy hand so decided to make one of those funky stations without the 300 price tag
so hit ebay and brought 3 cheap 12 volt motors (10 bucks each) and used parts i had lying around
Works fine but is a little too easy to bog down so might make one out of a high toque servo in the future

than i looked at my press and it seemed to need a few spotties so again off to ebay for some cheap LED strips ,, a little solder and a little cutting and i have some light that dosnt get in the way

Next up will be some quick change plates for the press and powder set up
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Re: Reloading bench Projects N stuff

Post by Rod_outbak » 10 Mar 2018, 6:33 am

I have toyed with the idea of a powered case chamfering rig myself; I started out with a truck windscreen wiper geared motor.
https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/worm- ... angle.html

I already have a Giraud trimmer for case length, but I wanted something for inside/outside chamfering, and steel wool polishing afterwards.
[Giraud doesnt leave the cases quite as finished on the mouth as I'd like, and adjusting the 3-blade cutting head seems to be a nightmare]

I chose this particular motor because the rpm and torque were slightly higher than my 12v battery drill, which does the job of chamfering/trimming/polishing easily.

While I've resolved an adapter (of sorts) to be able to plug a small drill chuck onto it, I havent yet sorted mounting it up.
Damned noisy thing, too! [Likely quieter when mounted inside a box..]
Yet another project for the next 12 months or so.

That light arrangement you've made up is an absolute pearler!
Kicking myself for not thinking of something similar!
I must have a couple of metres of LED light strip kicking around, and NOT ONCE thought of putting light right where these ageing eyes need it!!
GREAT idea!

It looks like the Forster press is about to get some bling added...

Cheers,

Rod.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Mar 2018, 8:10 am

Beautiful job mate, it should suit your needs perfectly.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2018, 9:00 am

eddahenry wrote:I had deburred one to many cases buy hand so decided to make one of those funky stations without the 300 price tag
so hit ebay and brought 3 cheap 12 volt motors (10 bucks each) and used parts i had lying around
Works fine but is a little too easy to bog down so might make one out of a high toque servo in the future

than i looked at my press and it seemed to need a few spotties so again off to ebay for some cheap LED strips ,, a little solder and a little cutting and i have some light that dosnt get in the way

Next up will be some quick change plates for the press and powder set up

Aren't you a clever boy!
Well done. :thumbsup:
My gadget making doesn't even come close to that kind of quality...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by axio » 22 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

Looks fancy, what did you use for the metal collets that hold the pieces in place?
axio
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition