My first reloading press

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: My first reloading press

Post by pedro4977 » 18 Apr 2018, 8:43 pm

Mate, looks good! I just have the press bolted to a piece of lvl 35x250x400 or so and clamp it to the corner of my dining table. Works good and no worries with wind etc in the shed. My workbench down there has way to much s**t on it to reload at the moment. Wish I had a spare room to do it in, I would set up like you have. Thumbs up
You can’t legislate against ignorance, stupidity or an opinion made up of both!
pedro4977
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigrich » 18 Apr 2018, 9:34 pm

thanks pedro. what does work in my favor to build stuff like this is the fact i'm overly organised with a touch of OCD :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by pedro4977 » 26 Apr 2018, 11:04 pm

bigrich, OCD just stands for overly careful dude. Pretty good type of bloke to be when playing with powder, primers etc!
Squib loads suck, and a bolt in the head sucks severely. Hope you punch out many accurate reloads on your fine setup mate!
You can’t legislate against ignorance, stupidity or an opinion made up of both!
pedro4977
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigrich » 27 Apr 2018, 4:42 am

thanks pedro, cleaned up a heap of 6.5x55 cases in a hornady tumbler. it works well. now to sit down and set up my die for de-primering/ neck sizing. i'm not rushing, doing a lot of reading on it all first. by the way, i also suffer from COCD disorder as well. stands for cranky old c@nt disorder . cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition