Reloading and hazmat

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Reloading and hazmat

Post by Apollo » 21 May 2018, 8:48 pm

Just a little bit of info picked up from a friend that was involved/worked for ADI testing powders for batch consistency.

It always is interesting talking with him and learning what goes into making Smokeless Powder from the actual European Wood Pulp used to the testing of each batch of final production.

A lot more than just creating a load and pulling the trigger.

Always great to shoot and talk with him at a competition shoot.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 21 May 2018, 9:42 pm

I suspect the amount of graphite could also be varied inorder to adjust the burn rate. Just one of several other factors designed into the product to control the burn rate.

But I might be wrong.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Apollo » 21 May 2018, 10:40 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I suspect the amount of graphite could also be varied inorder to adjust the burn rate. Just one of several other factors designed into the product to control the burn rate.

But I might be wrong.

You are pretty close. It's been some time since that factor was discussed so I forget all the specifics. Size, length, coating, blending etc.

The one type we didn't get into was the "Ball Powders" so that is a different ball park.

I imagine like others, it would be amazing to go for a guided visit through the ADI Powder facility, but very restricted unfortunately.

Overall an interesting story of what can be made out of just wood pulp.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition