pard nv007 for chrissy

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

pard nv007 for chrissy

Post by marksman » 14 Jan 2020, 10:06 pm

l am in total awe at this moment :o

l received my late xmas present today from spectra tactical the pard nv007

l really dont have time at the moment to go through it except to say it is amazing, truly amazing and so are the guys from spectra tactical

it really is so much more than l expected, so much better than my other night vision adventures for way more coin

IMHO if you are thinking about dropping some cash on one of these just do it, Paul from spectra looked after me giving me a very good deal

there will be more about this to come :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Re: pard nv007 for chrissy

Post by Stix » 14 Jan 2020, 10:11 pm

Ive been waiting in great anticipation marksman... :P ...& this is all youve got for me... :problem:

:lol:
Looking forward to hearing about it..& seeing it in action...

id look into it & no doubt het one if money were more abundant for me...

:)
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ferrisweil » 14 Jan 2020, 10:13 pm

Can’t wait to see some images/footage if possible.
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 15 Jan 2020, 7:04 am

Told you all so.....
bigpete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

South Australia

Post by Stix » 15 Jan 2020, 8:28 am

There he is...despite being big, cant see him without a Pard...lol
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 4:03 pm

yes you did pete and that had a lot to do with me getting it, thankyou :drinks:

a couple of years ago l tried a different brands night vision scope, it cost more than double what the pard nv007 has cost me with insurance and postage
l wasn't sure about getting it because after much research on my previous effort, seeing all the reviews and u-tube vids when l got it l realised l had bought an unfinished item, meaning it was this company's second attempt with a few upgrades that still was in a testing phase
l also learnt that the u-tube vids for this product were made by sellers of the product and they were biased in their opinion anyway l got rid of it quicksmart to my pro shooter boss who l told l did not want to sell it to but after he told me l could not get it working because l am not a pro shooter l gave no discount :lol:

so what l have seen so far, the service l got from Paul at Spectra Tactical is 100% knowledge of the product, very very helpful and gave a great deal :thumbsup:
http://www.spectratactical.com.au/gener ... -in-stock/

this is what the unpackaged pard nv007 looks like

l've had a good look at the buttons and they are pretty simple really, you could use it as a night vision monocular then put it on the scope very quickly

l had a good play with it last night as a monocular using no zoom the tree l was looking at 100 meters away was crystal clear to me using the onboard ir
we have a lot of smoke haze at the moment but in pitch black darkness l think at that distance l would have had no trouble picking out the shape of an animal no worries and l mean without seeing eye shine, the sight picture was not grainy like the previous night vision l tried it was crystal clear
at 200 meters l picked up eye reflection of a cat but the shape was not very clear, with another ir torch l'm sure it would be better

l have found one thing l cant get working so far in that the TF card slot wont let me insert an SD card,
l thought they are the same but maybe l am wrong about that, if someone has any idea on that can you put it up
the manual says to use a TF card but the menu says to insert an SD card :unknown:
l'll give Paul a ring tomorrow :unknown:

l will be getting out and using it in the next few days it would be good to post up some photos of shots but anyway when l have more to put up l will :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by Ziad » 15 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

Enjoy the toy mate, my last toy i still haven't played with. Ahhh well February is another month.

But i will suggest be very careful, and do not look into their illuminator, or you will lose your eyesight. Lol
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 15 Jan 2020, 4:41 pm

mchughcb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 15 Jan 2020, 4:56 pm

I still need to get a decent scope for mine.
bigpete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

thanks ziad :thumbsup:

l agree mch :thumbsup:

optisan is what Paul from Spectra tactical recommended to me pete, but he said usually anything with the orange/brouny coloured objective lens will work
he said the greeny coloured objectives are the ones that may have trouble but as you have advised definitely ao adjustable :drinks:
l have set it up with a mate to try a couple of scopes as all mine have the greeny objective although l am going to try one tonight and post what l can see :drinks:

so anyway my wife had a look at the sd card problem and its not a problem now, hmmmm dont you hate that :roll:

here is a photo from the pard of the smoke haze and view from the side of my house showing the tree at 100 meters that l was looking at

marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 15 Jan 2020, 7:10 pm

Mate just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you went for the Pard007 over the new 008 model?
Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Everyday.
JimTom
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Queensland

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm

l went for the nv007 because l wanted the flexibility of being able to put it on different rifles and because l was sh!t scared l would be throwing my money away thinking it would be no different than my other night vision exercise
TBH l really think the 008 would be better than l am finding this one but it is a dedicated scope and l am very happy with this so far

l have just tried the nv007 in the dark at the tree 100 meters away

first is my vx2 leupold @ 6x in daylight around the best l could get it, it is not mounted as solid as could be and has the green coloured objective

now at the same tree but a bit more fiddling on the objective for a clear picture

this is my vortex ffp @ 6 x at the same tree, it has the green objective as well and l probably could have played with it a bit more

l am finding the eye relief different to what l am used to and you need to be straight behind the rifle to get a good sight picture
l am going to try shifting one of the scopes forward more to see how that is but l'm sure l will get it a little more comfortable
are there any hints there pete :unknown: l have it setup on a bench at the moment l think it would feel better prone or from the car window :thumbsup:
and l will be trying the pard on some of my mates different scopes in the next few days :drinks:
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 15 Jan 2020, 9:38 pm

Looks good marksman... :)
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 15 Jan 2020, 10:25 pm

still the first play Stix and l reckon l can get it heaps better
the photos show what l am seeing as clearly, plenty good enough at 100

l forgot that my son has a nikko stirling on his slug gun it has a very small objective but l thought l'd try anyway, its at about 4 power

l've still got a bit of learning about the adjustments and there is quite a bit of smoke haze about but for a first play it is good :drinks:
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 16 Jan 2020, 6:02 am

The eye relief thing I thought to over come by using a slip on recoil pad to extend stock length temporarily
bigpete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 11:39 am

lucky l have one and l reckon it will work :thumbsup: trying it on the brno zkw 465 that has a very short stock

another thing to consider is bolt throw as l always try and get my scopes as low as l can so it inhibits pushing the scope forward
l also turned the sleeve around for better bolt clearance and because l asked for the 45mm l had to pack the gap with cardboard, it is sturdy
if l decide that this scope is the one l will make a proper packer or just buy the right size sleeve
l honestly think l would be better off with a different scope but l realised today that my previous photos on the scopes were done with the ocular set at 200 clear when l am aiming at 100 so l will give it another crack tonight with the leupold and see
l cant use the pard on my 22 dasher because of the very long bolt throw unless l use higher mounts, some things to consider anyway

the leupold @ 12x daytime same tree

marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Jan 2020, 12:19 pm

Hey marksman...
That chromatic aberration happening there...
Is that on your scope, or is that from the pard...?

I imaging it wont make a difference st night, but im just curious if its the optics of the pard...

:drinks:
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 1:06 pm

had to look that up and learn a bit Stix, your a smart fella :thumbsup:

l dont see it from the scope so l would say it is the pard Stix, it is also not as obvious in lower powers than the 12x
l think it will be ok in the night vision mode because even though the ocular lens wasn't set properly it seemed pretty clear but that was at 6x
l will have a look tonight but thanks for bring that up :drinks:
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Next

Return to Scopes, sights and optics