Night Vision purchase

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Night Vision purchase

Post by waytom » 27 Aug 2021, 12:06 pm

Hi All, I came across a good deal on NV scope by Sytong, it has a built in range finder and is well under $1300 bucks. I cant afford a thermal ( or can't really justify the expense) so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Sytong or wanted to make a comment. cheers, Wayne.
waytom
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 10
New South Wales

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Aug 2021, 10:43 pm

In a few words,,,,,,,,,,
Save yer pennies and go thermal.
Once there, you'll never go backwards.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
User avatar
Die Judicii
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2681
Queensland

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by niteowl » 28 Aug 2021, 11:10 am

Die Judicii wrote:In a few words,,,,,,,,,,
Save yer pennies and go thermal.
Once there, you'll never go backwards.


Truer words have not been spoken.
We have been approached by all of the "new" manufacturers over the last 12 months but we will not take any on for various reasons.
When we have a sales enquiry for a cheap NV device I will explain why it is not a good move when based on the statement that "It is all I can afford".
I will NOT sell them something just to make a sale, as they will NEVER be happy, and their money is lost for ever (not good for business either). My recommendation is, as above, thermal every time, and not a cheap model based on price either.
There is NO substitute for quality.
niteowl
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 48
Western Australia

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by mchughcb » 28 Aug 2021, 11:38 am

waytom wrote:Hi All, I came across a good deal on NV scope by Sytong, it has a built in range finder and is well under $1300 bucks. I cant afford a thermal ( or can't really justify the expense) so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Sytong or wanted to make a comment. cheers, Wayne.


The sytong looks like a Pard NV008P LRF knock off and probably made at the same factory. I think the Sytong will be great. Use it during the day and when it gets too dark with a good 940nm torch under the barrel like a Sniper Hog Light 50LRX you should be able to shoot foxes at night to 200m.

I know it says 6.5X base power optical but a guy I bought stuff off in Scotland who is a guru has measured the optical mag and its closer to 7.98X which is just perfect for hunting at night in my books. I use my Pard NV008 during the day and its great too.
I love Kev.
User avatar
mchughcb
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 550
Victoria

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by Bello » 28 Aug 2021, 1:19 pm

niteowl wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:In a few words,,,,,,,,,,
Save yer pennies and go thermal.
Once there, you'll never go backwards.


Truer words have not been spoken.
We have been approached by all of the "new" manufacturers over the last 12 months but we will not take any on for various reasons.
When we have a sales enquiry for a cheap NV device I will explain why it is not a good move when based on the statement that "It is all I can afford".
I will NOT sell them something just to make a sale, as they will NEVER be happy, and their money is lost for ever (not good for business either). My recommendation is, as above, thermal every time, and not a cheap model based on price either.
There is NO substitute for quality.


I have to agree with the above. :thumbsup:
I saved up and bought a pulsar thermal. I love it. It took a while to save, but you won't look back.
I find the the game I shoot with it have not complained either :unknown:
Good luck
User avatar
Bello
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 232
New South Wales

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by JimTom » 30 Aug 2021, 9:42 am

Die Judicii wrote:In a few words,,,,,,,,,,
Save yer pennies and go thermal.
Once there, you'll never go backwards.



He speaks the truth mate. Buy once cry once. Chances are if you buy a cheaper alternative you will soon be saving up again for something better.
User avatar
JimTom
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1833
Queensland

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by waytom » 31 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone for your input, but i'm affraid i'm stuck in a situation where spending around $4,000 on a scope with nowhere to shoot at the moment is a difficult decision.
I guess if i do nothing now there is probabley a good chance thermals will come down in price.
Thanks again to all those who took the time to respond, cheers guys.
waytom
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 10
New South Wales

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by Tilb004 » 06 Sep 2021, 10:23 pm

waytom wrote:Hi All, I came across a good deal on NV scope by Sytong, it has a built in range finder and is well under $1300 bucks. I cant afford a thermal ( or can't really justify the expense) so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Sytong or wanted to make a comment. cheers, Wayne.


Hey Waytom ,

I have a pard 007 and a pulsar trail xq 50 at have gone back to the pard .

Reason being at 200 -250 with the trail if you are shooting a fox your just shooting a blob in the shape of a fox .
With my pard 007 with my new sightron s-tac 4-20 x 50 and a pbir light at the same distance i can zoom right in to its head With great clarity ..
For me identification is very important as i live in an area of small farms (100-200)acres i need to know its not my neighbours dog im shooting .
Dont get me wrong the trail is a great bit of kit .
I have just purchased a infiray thermal monocular with range finder .
I feel its a good combo , spot them range them with thermal then shoot them with NV.
Your sytong would be alot clearer than my older 007 to.

Just my 2 cent .

All the best with your purchase .
Tilb004
Private
Private
 
Posts: 65
Western Australia

RE:Night vision purchase

Post by waytom » 14 Sep 2021, 11:46 am

Hi Tilb004, Your comments match my thoughts perfectly , much appreciated, now if you could just help me out with a property to shoot on the east coast (lol), thanks mate, Wayne.
waytom
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 10
New South Wales

Re: Night Vision purchase

Post by bigpete » 14 Sep 2021, 7:03 pm

I'd buy a pard again. Great little units,do the job well,and don't break the bank. Bear in mind I paid 400 for mine.
bigpete
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2061
South Australia

Re: RE:Night vision purchase

Post by Tilb004 » 18 Sep 2021, 3:51 pm

waytom wrote:Hi Tilb004, Your comments match my thoughts perfectly , much appreciated, now if you could just help me out with a property to shoot on the east coast (lol), thanks mate, Wayne.


Wish I could mate but only know crew on the west coast .
Best of luck find some where.
Wayne
Tilb004
Private
Private
 
Posts: 65
Western Australia


Back to top
 
Return to Scopes, sights and optics