New Binoculars

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

New Binoculars

Post by flashman » 14 Jan 2022, 10:06 am

Hi all hope all doing well ,just picked up my new set of bino"s , they are Nikon , Monarch 8x42 and what can I say there GREAT ,chalk and cheese form my very old and batted Tasco"s the glass in great ,had a comparison to a set of zeiss ,pretty good even Mr zeiss owner was very impressed ,cant wait to go bush and start glassing ....... :D .
flashman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: New Binoculars

Post by poid » 15 Jan 2022, 10:34 pm

I've been using a pair of Monarch HGs for the past year and they are a bloody good thing. Great glass, good in low light and also very lightweight.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by womble » 16 Jan 2022, 3:23 am

How many pennies do the above mentioned cost.
Are they worth it. Are they good value.
womble
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 16 Jan 2022, 6:26 am

I bought my son a pair of these a few years ago.
They are a roof prism binocular. Upside is they are relatively light and compact. Downside is they are a lot more expensive to make if they are to meet a particular optical quality standard.
Being a cheapskate I opted for 8x40 Action Extreme binoculars. Half the price (at that time) but 50% or more heavier. Equal or better optical quality.
I have a personal preference for the illusion of greater depth that the wider separation of objective lenses on a Porro prism binocular provide.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
“No nation can be freer than its most oppressed, richer than its poorest, or wiser than its most ignorant.” Henry George
straightshooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by flashman » 16 Jan 2022, 7:38 am

How many pennies you ask ......$530 and there are good value ,had them out bush and like I said chalk and cheese , for spotting game and the ability to see through the bush was great , and yes well worth the investment , and yes got sick of cheap BIno"s letting me down ,so I bit the bullet so to speak.....cold and wet ...YES ...Sambar look out ............. :thumbsup:
flashman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 16 Jan 2022, 8:45 am

Very good, buy once and buy right :thumbsup:
womble
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria