I Aiming owners ?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

I Aiming owners ?

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Oct 2022, 11:23 pm

Are there any I Aiming thermal scope owners out there ??

Am wondering what feedback there is on these,,, particularly in relation to the advertised/claimed One Shot Zero capabilities.
And,,,, ? value for $$$$ spent.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
User avatar
Die Judicii
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3391
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by No1_49er » 13 Oct 2022, 5:19 am

Given the right preparation conditions, a one shot zero is not too difficult.
What else makes them so good that you want to throw $$$ at them ??
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 732
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2022, 4:49 pm

I have one but in the safe maybe 4 months or more no time to go hunting too much work. Tradesmen are stupidly busy atm. Sad case I am
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2022, 4:50 pm

Next time we catch up u can have a squizz at my I aiming scope
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Faedy » 13 Oct 2022, 4:51 pm

I've got the 612.
1 shot sighting is close, but I still adjust it a but more.
Not cheap, but picture quality is mint
177 Diana
177 Weihrauch
177 BSA
Ruger 22
C&H 22
C&H 17 HMR
Winchester 1892 32-20
Sauer 202 .223
Tikka t3x .223
Ruger .243
Lithgow 105 6.5 Creedmoor
Remington 7600 .308
Howa.300 winmag
Boito.410
Adler 12 ga
Miroku mk10 12 ga
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 171
Western Australia

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2022, 5:12 pm

Next time we catch up u can have a squizz at my I aiming scope
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by mchughcb » 13 Oct 2022, 8:48 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Are there any I Aiming thermal scope owners out there ??

Am wondering what feedback there is on these,,, particularly in relation to the advertised/claimed One Shot Zero capabilities.
And,,,, ? value for $$$$ spent.


I spent some time with the importer checking out the Iaming 612 vs the Pulsar Thermion XP50.
Picture was good, took 18650 batteries (If I remember right). The battery compartment lid should have had a better setup.


https://youtu.be/_tfWwAiYR1U
User avatar
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1157
Victoria

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 12 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

I finally found some time to have a closer look at the sighting in procedure for my I Aming thermal scope since owning it I have never really Been super confident about the auto zeroing method ( even though this was one of the original selling point s that interested me ) ... I was toying with the manual zero method over the last couple of nights. I have often , when struggling with smart scopes been annoyed with all the technical procedure when sighting in . Ihaveoften thought why don’t they have two simple dials like conventional scopes ... that would be so much easier. Anyway , after looking at the scope recently I worked out that if upon zeroing you find poi does not match where u are pointing the reticle , you can simply dial in up 3.5 cm and right 5.5 cm and your done ... it’s a huge relief to know it’s goin to be that easy when i actually mount it to a rifle and zero it in the field
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by bladeracer » 12 Nov 2022, 9:35 pm

Blr243 wrote:I finally found some time to have a closer look at the sighting in procedure for my I Aming thermal scope since owning it I have never really Been super confident about the auto zeroing method ( even though this was one of the original selling point s that interested me ) ... I was toying with the manual zero method over the last couple of nights. I have often , when struggling with smart scopes been annoyed with all the technical procedure when sighting in . Ihaveoften thought why don’t they have two simple dials like conventional scopes ... that would be so much easier. Anyway , after looking at the scope recently I worked out that if upon zeroing you find poi does not match where u are pointing the reticle , you can simply dial in up 3.5 cm and right 5.5 cm and your done ... it’s a huge relief to know it’s goin to be that easy when i actually mount it to a rifle and zero it in the field


Centimetres? Does the scope know the distance you're zeroing at?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 11299
Victoria

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 12 Nov 2022, 11:34 pm

Yes , it has profiles for different calibres . So I selected 308 and it has different projectile weights choices within that caliber , and if the trajectory is significantly different in the load I’m useing to their trajectory you can adjust bullet drop at several different distances.. but all this is way too complicated for me so just intend zeroing my rifle at 200. So before I start I must let the scope know the range imsighting in at. Then it will automatically give me half centremetre clicks at 200 . I can set it first at 25 m if I like , just to get me on paper , so not waste ing ammo. . Fortunately my workload is finally under control. I only have a half days work on Monday then I can knock off and prepare for 7/10 /14 days on a hunting trip , so i can get this gear happening in the bush
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Wm.Traynor » 13 Nov 2022, 9:18 am

Good hunting, BLR :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1451
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 13 Nov 2022, 1:10 pm

Thanks wm. I shot a cat in December. Stuck in the city since then. That’s a very long time between drinks
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Blr243 » 13 Nov 2022, 1:11 pm

Shameful and embarrassing too
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4105
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Wm.Traynor » 13 Nov 2022, 6:54 pm

Blr243 wrote:Thanks wm. I shot a cat in December. Stuck in the city since then. That’s a very long time between drinks


That's terrible mate; you need to get out more :) ;) ;) ;)
Best of luck when you go :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1451
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Nov 2022, 4:53 pm

Yes,,,, Thanks BLR for your input.
I've since decided not to go down the Iaiming pathway.
I've got other fish to fry at the current time.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
User avatar
Die Judicii
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3391
Queensland

Re: I Aiming owners ?

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Nov 2022, 4:54 pm

Faedy wrote:I've got the 612.
1 shot sighting is close, but I still adjust it a but more.
Not cheap, but picture quality is mint


Thanks Mate, appreciated :drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
User avatar
Die Judicii
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3391
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Scopes, sights and optics