What base and rings should I use for my 7600

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

What base and rings should I use for my 7600

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 20 Jul 2018, 1:46 pm

I am wanting to buy a steel 1 piece base and steel rings for my 7600 in 308.
Its going to be a work rifle, for shooting pigs out of the tractor, putting a 3-9x40 leupold rifleman on it. It has a picatinny rail on it at the moment, but I'd rather a 1 piece base purely because I think it looks a whole lot nicer.

I know nothing about bases and rings so wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of what brand goes best? Do the windage adjustment screws give trouble with wanting to loosen off?
The leupold steel standard base and rings seem pretty common and a good price

Or does anyone want to convince me to stick with the pic rail and buy some rings for it?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: What base and rings should I use for my 7600

Post by sungazer » 20 Jul 2018, 7:43 pm

Personally I am not a fan of the one piece base rings setup. Just seems to double up on components. I would not get a base or rings with windage or elevation adjustment either. All that can be done in the scope and getting the right base.
I have a set of the Nightforce ultralight 6 screw rings they are really solid and lighter than the 4 screw steel rings. I have both and checked thew was really surprised.
As for the rail EGW do a good rail as does quite a few manufactures. It is a good idea to bed the rail with some Alradite not the screws just the rail itself.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Scopes, sights and optics