Bushnell first strike reflex sight mounted on 22lr

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Bushnell first strike reflex sight mounted on 22lr

Post by Crankycant » 09 Sep 2018, 9:31 am

Morning all,
Has any body here had any XP with the Bushnell first strike reflex sight mounted on a 22lr? Acquired it from a friend who originally bought it for a rossi lever action and never mounted it because sold the gun. I only paid a box of beer for it so it was a pretty sweet deal, still in original packaging. Not sure what 22lr this will be mounted upon probably a savage mkII fvsr or a maybe savage b22 as I'm in need for a cheap rabbit and cat gun. I don't think I have any concerns about recoil killing or any other malfunctions it as it does seem to be pretty reasonably built but looks can be deceiving. Anyway I'd like to hear anyone's thought concerning this sight cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Bushnell first strike reflex sight mounted on 22lr

Post by bladeracer » 09 Sep 2018, 11:05 am

Crankycant wrote:Morning all,
Has any body here had any XP with the Bushnell first strike reflex sight mounted on a 22lr? Acquired it from a friend who originally bought it for a rossi lever action and never mounted it because sold the gun. I only paid a box of beer for it so it was a pretty sweet deal, still in original packaging. Not sure what 22lr this will be mounted upon probably a savage mkII fvsr or a maybe savage b22 as I'm in need for a cheap rabbit and cat gun. I don't think I have any concerns about recoil killing or any other malfunctions it as it does seem to be pretty reasonably built but looks can be deceiving. Anyway I'd like to hear anyone's thought concerning this sight cheers

Not the Bushnell, but I have Chinese red dot and reflex sights I use on various rifles.
I find the reflex easier to use and more precise than the red dot.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Crankycant » 09 Sep 2018, 11:53 am

Thanks for you in put bladeracer. I love the reflex.I think my only concern ATM would be the auto light sensor as it changes with the light conditions. Have tested it in complete darkness and the reticle pretty much shuts off. Perfect for daylight conditions even in the shade, but I'm hoping there with be enough ambient under the spotlight as most field shooting is done at night. If such a problem occurs I may be able to machine up a 0 MOA rail and still use the irons as a possible back up. Thanks again blade racer
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm

Crankycant wrote:Thanks for you in put bladeracer. I love the reflex.I think my only concern ATM would be the auto light sensor as it changes with the light conditions. Have tested it in complete darkness and the reticle pretty much shuts off. Perfect for daylight conditions even in the shade, but I'm hoping there with be enough ambient under the spotlight as most field shooting is done at night. If such a problem occurs I may be able to machine up a 0 MOA rail and still use the irons as a possible back up. Thanks again blade racer

I can't comment at all on spotlighting as I don't do any night shooting. About the darkest for me is the crack of dawn. You could mount the reflex on one of those pic rail spring mounts that lets you flick it off to the side when you aren't using it. I use one with a 3-power magnifier.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Crankycant » 09 Sep 2018, 4:07 pm

Thanks mate I'll have to have a look at the spring cantilever style mounts and let you know how it all goes. I don't mind the idea of shooting off the irons anyways it take me back to quite few fond memories. Cheers bladeracer.
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Sep 2018, 8:33 pm

Crankycant wrote:Thanks mate I'll have to have a look at the spring cantilever style mounts and let you know how it all goes. I don't mind the idea of shooting off the irons anyways it take me back to quite few fond memories. Cheers bladeracer.

I enjoy open sights as well, but my eyes are getting old :-)
The 3-power magnifier is useful with the reflex.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics