Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Post by Cal-ApeR » 28 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm

As the title says - Leupold Rifleman Rings and bases. I understand they are aluminium not steel. Other than that, yay or nay? I've wouldn't think you would put them on a winmag but say 22-250?
Cal-ApeR
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Post by bigrich » 28 Dec 2018, 11:14 pm

i've got some leupold ally rings and bases on a couple of my rifles, no problems . i think they're high grade ally, should be good :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by cracker » 29 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

iv got some on my cz550 mounting a leopold turkey plex... in 458 lott and they came loose in the first 3 shots.
honestly thought prob not rated for that, neither the scope but they are nice could have prob nipped em with a torx bit but didnt have one at the range...
seemed solid too me my advice would be run some locktight or take a torx bit with your to nip them up.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 Dec 2018, 6:50 am

bigrich wrote:i've got some leupold ally rings and bases on a couple of my rifles, no problems . i think they're high grade ally, should be good :thumbsup:

i probably should have added , mine are on 222, and 308 :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Cal-ApeR » 29 Dec 2018, 3:50 pm

Cheers fellas, price seems to good to be quality but thought I'd ask. Looking at another rifle, likely another 243. I don't the recoil would be an issue on that. It's a cheap rifle too so could pair well with these bases and rings.
Cal-ApeR
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 30 Dec 2018, 6:38 am

cracker wrote:iv got some on my cz550 mounting a leopold turkey plex... in 458 lott and they came loose in the first 3 shots.
honestly thought prob not rated for that, neither the scope but they are nice could have prob nipped em with a torx bit but didnt have one at the range...
seemed solid too me my advice would be run some locktight or take a torx bit with your to nip them up.

When you say came loose what exactly do you mean?
Did the scope move in the rings?
Did the rings go loose on the rail if using a rail?
Did the rail come loose from the receiver or if the rings are for a CZ dovetail did they come loose from their mounting?
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics