Air rifle scopes- what are you running?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Air rifle scopes- what are you running?

Post by bladeracer » 17 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm

Daddybang wrote:"Lower human extremities were used"!!!!!
The nicest way of saying"we were shooting each other in the arse" ive seen for a while!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
At the moment with the opens I don't shoot any further than 25m at toads etc and around 40m at a 100mm square post cap so it'll be interesting to see what I can achieve with the scope even if it doesn't last very long it'll give me an idea of whether I'll spend more on a better scope or just stick with opens? :unknown: :thumbsup: :drinks:

We used to do lots of similar testing with the nail guns on job sites :-)
Those 3" nails hurt! The 30mm FC nails are friendlier :-)

I'm already thinking to put iron sights on mine for some fun. But I'm struggling to make sense of Crosman's model numbers to find an exploded diagram.

I think it must be possible to remove the plastic shroud that encloses the entire barrel, but I can't work out how to, unless it's an interference fit.

Also getting some ideas from Joerg!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8j61yxSQM
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dossa456 » 17 Jan 2019, 4:20 pm

Have to agree with daddybang on this one.
Experimenting for $8 is great value.
I have a Sabre accent (I think) on an old 22 I don’t use and that is rated for springers - Think there are $60 scope, was no good on the 22 might give it a run on a springer and see some results. Too hot to go out for a hunt we’re I am ATM
Dossa456
Private
Private

-

Post by Dossa456 » 17 Jan 2019, 4:24 pm

Not sure how to quote yet on here but very useful information bladeracer.
Dossa456
Private
Private

-

Post by bladeracer » 17 Jan 2019, 4:38 pm

Dossa456 wrote:Not sure how to quote yet on here but very useful information bladeracer.

I also found this article about a young bloke in Yorkshire shot in the neck with an air-rifle, impacting the carotid artery and causing facial nerve damage.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633272/
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 18 Jan 2019, 1:46 am

bladeracer wrote:I emailed Bushnell to ask if I can use one of my AR Optics 4.5-18x40's on a springer but they haven't responded yet.

Response from Bushnell just now.
"The AR Optics line will not work on a springer air rifle. We recommend Trophy, Nitro or Forge."
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics