Zero stop for bushnell elite tactical scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Zero stop for bushnell elite tactical scopes

Post by Alicat » 10 Feb 2019, 12:26 pm

Hey can any one help me with setting the zero stop on my bushnell elite tactical xrs scope. I'm at a loss
Alicat
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Re: Zero stop for bushnell elite tactical scopes

Post by bladeracer » 10 Feb 2019, 8:31 pm

Alicat wrote:Hey can any one help me with setting the zero stop on my bushnell elite tactical xrs scope. I'm at a loss

I had a look at the manual and it seems pretty straightforward. Where are you having trouble?
Bushnell Rev Limiter.JPG
Bushnell Rev Limiter.JPG (99.8 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

Zero stops merely place something in the way so the turret can't go down any further.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Alicat » 11 Feb 2019, 4:52 am

It says to push down on the zero stop to put in place but no amount of pushing is going move it. I did read on a other site about resetting zero stop first and then setting it, tried that but it still doesn’t work FYI it’s a first gen scope
Alicat
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 11 Feb 2019, 4:27 pm

Alicat wrote:It says to push down on the zero stop to put in place but no amount of pushing is going move it. I did read on a other site about resetting zero stop first and then setting it, tried that but it still doesn’t work FYI it’s a first gen scope

Might want to email Bushnell direct then.
I've seen videos of DiY zero stop mods that simply involve drilling and tapping a hole in the top of the turret knob and screwing in a grub screw so it bottoms out, preventing the turret from going any lower. I really don't see why more manufacturers don't put it into their cheaper scopes.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Alicat » 11 Feb 2019, 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reply, email bushnell maybe my next move cheers for the idea
Alicat
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Return to Scopes, sights and optics