M96 Swede Mauser sights

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

M96 Swede Mauser sights

Post by bladeracer » 23 Feb 2019, 4:45 pm

I scored a lovely M96 yesterday.
Only downside is the sights have been replaced with Mojo Sights for target shooting, front and rear ghost rings basically - very strange sight picture.
I'll try it with these in place just out of curiosity, but I'd really like to find some original sights for it as well. Anybody know where I might find some?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: M96 Swede Mauser sights

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Feb 2019, 6:50 pm

G'day bladeracer,
Luckily sights for the Swede are not hard to come by, Shepparton show is in a week, 2nd & 3rd of March, or the US ebay sight has sellers who will ship to Aus for non restricted parts. A seller in Sweden named "bofson" has been very reliable for me. If push comes to shove I have sets of rear sights for the Swede, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: M96 Swede Mauser sights

Post by bladeracer » 23 Feb 2019, 7:18 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day bladeracer,
Luckily sights for the Swede are not hard to come by, Shepparton show is in a week, 2nd & 3rd of March, or the US ebay sight has sellers who will ship to Aus for non restricted parts. A seller in Sweden named "bofson" has been very reliable for me. If push comes to shove I have sets of rear sights for the Swede, Cheers.

Good to know.
I looked at LibertyTree but not elsewhere yet.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics