Kogan rangefinder

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Kogan rangefinder

Post by marksman » 17 Aug 2019, 10:47 am

Stix wrote:
marksman wrote:the scan mode is pretty useful but some rangefinders only scan one way, the rangefinder needs to scan back and forth so when you are looking say at a spread out mob of deer a deer can be at 250 and another that does not look that much further away is at 350 because that deer is not straight out from you but on an angle
I have had a condor golf rangefinder for years that scans both in and outwards that cost me around $125 at the time when most guys were buying $800 plus hunting rangefinders that did not scan at all, it makes it easy to range a complete paddock before the deer arrive out of the bush to give you an estimate of what distance to zero at I roughly know the size of the paddocks but angles still get me sometimes, this cheap golf rangefinder I've had for so long will range out to over 1000Yds and if I dropped it of a cliff who would care, they can be a useful tool to have :thumbsup:

So what sort of time lag is there with this scanning mode...?...or...how fast can you scan...?

Stix there is no lag, it is as you move it the distances change,
the one I have also has pin acquisition function that's supposed to pick up a golf flag at distance
I've shown mine to a few people who had the more expensive hunting range finders that were amazed at what mine could do and there's couldn't
the more expensive ones were made out of better materials and had better glass l should also say
I cant even find the one I bought anymore, I think its not sold anymore :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JammEEr23 » 09 Oct 2020, 6:03 am

I'm sorry for posting here but is it worth buying this rangefinder? Did you buy it? I want to purchase it but I'm wondering if is there any other variants.
JammEEr23
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by marksman » 09 Oct 2020, 8:10 pm

dont be sorry mate, IMHO these types of rangefinder are worthwhile and cheap so you can buy more bullets :drinks:
some of these cheaper rangefinders have more functions than the more expensive ones
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Oct 2020, 8:55 pm

I have an Aldi. Don't use it a lot but nice and clear, a rough test indicates its fairly accurate. Some times use it instead of bino,'s
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Peter988 » 10 Oct 2020, 7:45 am

I have the Kogan and it works fine.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JammEEr23 » 18 Oct 2020, 5:17 am

I suppose that today you can't buy it for this price, now it costs more expensive, I wanted to buy it, but I didn't like the price, so I used Google in order to find a site where I can buy a rangefinder for myself but I didn't manage to do it. I even asked my parents about it, but they couldn't help me. One day, my friend advised me to use this site:https://www.atncorp.com/range-finder , he said that everything was okay when he bought something there. I decided to purchase from them laserballistics 1000 and I'm pleased with my choice.
Last edited by JammEEr23 on 19 Oct 2020, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JammEEr23
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Skinna » 18 Oct 2020, 9:13 am

JammEEr23 wrote:I'm sorry for posting here but is it worth buying this rangefinder? Did you buy it? I want to purchase it but I'm wondering if is there any other variants.

G'day JammEEr23,

Yes mate i got it...it works fine--the only thing for me is i cant use it at night as it doesnt have an illuminated reticle & i shoot a fair bit at night & sometimes need to range a fox if the terrain doesnt give me a perspective on its distance.

But id say buy it for sure...!!...its fine for during daylight & a cheap rangefinder is the best way to learn to range distances accurately with your own eye.

Cheers
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics