Old Nikko Stirling Tiara

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Old Nikko Stirling Tiara

Post by CrackThump » 19 Mar 2019, 5:43 pm

So... i was going through all my archive (read: junk) boxes and i found an old Nikko Stirling Tiara 4x28 still in pretty decent condition. The glass is still clear and the last time I used it was on a crossbow in SA near on 10 years ago. It was spot on for the crossbow at 25-50 mtrs....

The question is, would it be any good on a .22 at 50 and 100.?

What about .223.?

I know its old (like 60s or 70s old) .. but its still solid and just to damn good to throw away.

Cheers for any input fellas and felines
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Old Nikko Stirling Tiara

Post by SCJ429 » 19 Mar 2019, 5:46 pm

It is better than nothing and doesn't owe you anything.

Much better scopes can be had for $150 these days.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by CrackThump » 19 Mar 2019, 6:27 pm

SCJ429 wrote:It is better than nothing and doesn't owe you anything.

Much better scopes can be had for $150 these days.

Valid point my man... I think Im suffering from sentimentality ..
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Chappo » 19 Mar 2019, 7:03 pm

Can’t see why not. I’ve got a 50 year old pecar 4x on one of my 22’s that does an awesome job.
4x is spot on for a 22 in my opinion, I can nail coke can sized birds with it past 100m.
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2019, 9:09 pm

CrackThump wrote:So... i was going through all my archive (read: junk) boxes and i found an old Nikko Stirling Tiara 4x28 still in pretty decent condition. The glass is still clear and the last time I used it was on a crossbow in SA near on 10 years ago. It was spot on for the crossbow at 25-50 mtrs....

The question is, would it be any good on a .22 at 50 and 100.?

What about .223.?

I know its old (like 60s or 70s old) .. but its still solid and just to damn good to throw away.

Cheers for any input fellas and felines

Nothing wrong with the Jap stuff mate, I run a 1980's jap Tasco 4x40 on my 22 brno and it's a great scope, I wouldn't buy a $150 chinese scope to replace it ever or anything else for that matter, it works, is very clear and never missed a beat in all that time - why change what ain't broke and especially for chinese crap! :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Scopes, sights and optics