de-mounting.

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: de-mounting.

Post by bladeracer » 04 Apr 2019, 12:23 pm

Ziad wrote:Hmm I been thinking about that as currently Its hard to fit all my rifles.

Slight change but anyone have link to cheap bubble can't levels for picatinny results. I got some from Ebay and the bubbles are not really level

How can they not be level? You make sure your reticle is plumb (hang a string and align the verticle with it, then set up the bubble to be level. I have a few different styles.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 04 Apr 2019, 4:06 pm

If the tubes are not consistent in either being straight or curved and even ID they can give miss leading results. I have found not all bubble levels are created equally. not just in accuracy but sensitivity.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Apr 2019, 10:33 pm

Well the el cheapo ones I got don't have an insert like my rings so they don't actually lock into the rails. Secondly when i tighten the Allen bolt on the side three side actually moves imbalanced and there is a gap at the top.

But lastly two different guns with a Bunning good quality level, with the Ebay picatinny tail bubble is not level, so the tube is out
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Apr 2019, 3:07 am

I bought one of these to check scope alignment - if you have evena very small flat surface(scope turret cap), it works extremely well.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Ang ... SwXYtYymDP
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 05 Apr 2019, 4:03 pm

Ziad wrote:Well the el cheapo ones I got don't have an insert like my rings so they don't actually lock into the rails. Secondly when i tighten the Allen bolt on the side three side actually moves imbalanced and there is a gap at the top.

But lastly two different guns with a Bunning good quality level, with the Ebay picatinny tail bubble is not level, so the tube is out

Why would you want the level to lock to the rails?
Yes, it can take some fiddling to keep it set while tightening the screws.
I have two here on my desk, the cheaper one has no adjustment that I can see, the more expensive one has an adjuster so you can set it level after installation.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics