Bushnell TRS 25

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Bushnell TRS 25

Post by Jakotay22 » 09 Apr 2019, 8:28 am

So I finally went out and picked up a short barrel Ruger American in 22lr and plan on using it as a plinking rifle. I wanted to try out a red dot on a budget, and stumbled on the Bushnell TRS 25. Has anyone tried one and got feedback? I have heard that the new model TRS 25's are built cheaply compared to the old ones.

Thanks

Jakotay
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Bushnell TRS 25

Post by JeffM » 09 Apr 2019, 8:56 am

Hi Jakotay22,
I have a Ruger American Target 18" barrel.
Purchased a Bushnell AR223 scope i got new from Owens guns in Gympie $169 + freight - bloody brilliant. Just download the Bushnell App easy peasy.
Shooting ELY std velosity rounds .5"MOA @ 100mtrs consistently.
The rifle has been back for warranty TWICE as the pills don't feed out of the mag unless you push it up. All good now, but bloody inconvenient as i live 120 klm from dealer.

Good luck
JeffM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 09 Apr 2019, 6:11 pm

I've got a few and they are fine for a 3 or so moa dot.
I've had them on a warwick, blr 308 and a few other rifles.

Personally I wouldn't put one on a 22 as I much prefer a high power scope for precision paper punching. But if you're plinking gongs and clays etc, it should be fine.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 09 Apr 2019, 9:23 pm

I bought one for a mate to put on a Marlin 1874 and in all honesty it's no better than the $30 one I bought off AliExpress. Apparently the ones with gold writing on them are the older better ones? My cheap one is on a lever action .22 and is useless for close range accurate plunking, they are best on scrub guns.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jakotay22 » 10 Apr 2019, 10:59 am

Thanks for the responses. I really only plan on using it for plinking as I have other rifles for rabbits and such already. Might just spend the money and see what I think. My mate has a super cheap eBay one but I don't like it very much.
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 10 Apr 2019, 3:42 pm

The ar optics version is exactly the same.
Only costs about $100 or so.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics