Vector Scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Vector Scopes

Post by PaddyT » 15 Jul 2019, 7:06 pm

Evening fellas, looking at a new 308 - most likely a Lithgow LA102, a new shop has opened up near me and is run by a very enthusiastic young fella and im going to give him a go for the purchase- however the main optics he stocks is the Vector brand- im looking at something in the 3X9X40 odd range - does anyone have any experience- im guessing the shop wont mind if i bring in optics from elsewhere but im willing to give it a go if I get some positive feedback. Cheers
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Vector Scopes

Post by solarpak » 15 Jul 2019, 7:20 pm

Paddy,

good on you for taking the plunge with the LA102 in 308 - an excellent rifle. Mine wears a Hawke Vantage 4-12x50 with an illuminated LR-Dot reticle and having the higher mag range plus 50mm objective really helps .
If weight is of a primary concern a 1-inch tube scope will weight much less than a 30mm tubed scope - everything else being the same. But the most important thing to consider is the mag range for your intended use - and anything from the 3-9x, 2.5-10 x and 4-12 x will suffice for a general hunting application.

CK
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 15 Jul 2019, 8:56 pm

I know that shop quite well, if you look at the white gong in the front window that's my one that Die Judici and I molested a couple months ago with the 416 and 50BMG :) The good thing about Badlands is that they import the Vector scopes themselves and stand by what they sell so warranty or support wont be an issue. Tell Zac that you know Brett (BMG) and hook you up with a good deal. Google shows mostly positive reviews for Vector and any negatives don't relate to either quality or clarity so grab a couple and look through them and decide for yourself, I was very impressed with the clarity.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by PaddyT » 16 Jul 2019, 9:22 am

Cheers Brett, will do- the young fella is worth a crack I reckon!
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by PaddyT » 18 Jul 2019, 6:52 pm

placed order with a Vector 1.5X9X42-very clear glass , will let you know how it goes when i pick the gear up next week
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by perentie » 20 Jul 2019, 4:57 pm

They looked OK so I put in an order for the Vector Blackout Green Laser -Light Combo to go on a Carbine.
Will see how it goes also.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by flutch » 22 Jul 2019, 1:50 am

I have a Vector Forester 3-15x50 on my 300 winmag which has survived a rough trip away and more than 100 shots without moving... frustrated with the reticles on so many other scopes being crowded with crappy thick crosshairs I was all too eager to give the forester a go. its clear as a bell and only cost me $168 when was on sale.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 11 Aug 2019, 10:01 am

took it for its first run on Thursday to sight in, was only at Silverdale on a nice day but picture was very clear, eye relief is very nice , will do some ammo selection next week and see what kind of groupings i can get but so far so good
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics