scope rings for cz 527 varmint

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

scope rings for cz 527 varmint

Post by Leadspitter » 02 Aug 2019, 4:48 pm

G day guys ,

I have leupy 3-9 x40 i would like to mount as low as possible

Ive been thinking about using tikka ringmounts or leupld or maybe even vertically split talleys

Went on wild goose chase to horsely park , no leupys or tikkas to be had

Thanks
Did you hear about the bloke who stopped talking to himself , because of something he said ?
Leadspitter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: scope rings for cz 527 varmint

Post by marksman » 02 Aug 2019, 6:12 pm

the talleys can be problematic when fitting, to be honest I use them and rate them as very good but they do take a bit of fiddling to get the reticule perfectly straight

the leupold rings for cz or tikka are the go but I'm not sure if it is the high that you need because of the bolt bend :unknown:
pretty sure but not 100%
give Scott at the rifle scope store an email to be certain, it takes no more than 2 weeks to get here if you place an order :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 03 Aug 2019, 10:08 am

I don't think they really do a Low for the CZ527. Kinda of think they start at medium (because of the bolt lift issue)
Maybe look at Sports Match rings or Burris?
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Leadspitter » 03 Aug 2019, 4:03 pm

G day guys

Marksman , i was thinkin ofeupold for traditional rings.

The guys on " rimfire central " know their s**t , they should do they re yanks.

Leupold and burris mediums get the nod , for traditional rings , about the same height as cz factory rings which is 0.5" from bottom of tube to top of dovetail flat , good for 50 mm objective.

Split rings , warne get the nod. 0.4"
Warne are the most popular of all the choices , talley split rings don t even get mentioned.

So i think i will get the warnes which are fractionally lower for the 40 mm objective i have.

The warnes are coated steel and come as fixed or quick detach .
If you don t mind split rings , they look like a good product functionally.

The talleys give more clearance 0.5" and are blued steel .I love the look of em on my 452.

I see on the net that lynx scopes and rings in oz maybe a warne dealer and so ii may get them from him

I think he will be at gun show at penrith this coming weekend , so its all coming together.

I was als told this chap is affiliated with hilver and can supply rings for your older brnos or for cz 527s

Thanks again chaps, happy shootin.
Did you hear about the bloke who stopped talking to himself , because of something he said ?
Leadspitter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by eddahenry » 03 Aug 2019, 10:32 pm

Just Put a DIP rail on it than use any Picatinny rings
Getting rid of that 16mm dovetail is the best
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Leadspitter » 04 Aug 2019, 7:35 am

I will look at the dip rail
Leadspitter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Aug 2019, 5:34 pm

If you have a deadset mounting height in mind - why not take scope and rifle into your local gun shop on their quietest day, take in a couple of hot coffees and a good attitude?

I recently did this for my 300 which I wanted perfect and the shop owner was happy to try 6 or 7 diff set ups - and because of his help, I bought powder, primers, etc = win / win.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Leadspitter » 05 Aug 2019, 7:47 pm

Tassie

I went to sydneys 'largest gun shop with my scope to do just that

No rings in the shop to suit my application

I am absolutely sure now that the warne medium rings are the go
1B1L quick detach
1B1M fixed
So just gotta source em

Rang lyx optics this morning , they are phasing out the warnes and don t have the above models.

The rifle scope store doesnt seem to stock warne so i will keep lookin for us supplier ,

Thanks
Leadspitter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics