Laser Safety — the dangers of Night Vision shooting

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Laser Safety — the dangers of Night Vision shooting

Post by ramshackle » 10 Sep 2019, 11:22 am

I may buy one. I have no kids at home anymore and I may also buy proper laser safety glasses to go with it (must be made to exclude 850 nm range beams).

I could perhaps get away without the glasses if I take proper precautions .... :geek:
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 10 Sep 2019, 9:11 pm

You wont want them on your face when (& if) out at night sending fragments of copper & lumps of lead out of a steel tube & into the vital organs of beautiful living creatures...

Just dont point the gun at yourself (well at least not while the illuminator is switched on & a round in the chamber) & your eyesight will be fine...

Be sure & trim any nostril hairs though...getting one caught in the bolt race as you chamber a round will be sure to induce sneezing at the most inopportune time...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm

I'll be glad when someone buys and uses some of this and can comment on it legitimately...Ive been seeing a couple of threads about here lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by xDom » 10 Sep 2019, 10:34 pm

I can comment on it. It’s s**t hot and I can still see... missed a couple of easy shots tonight, but that’s a different issue. :D

Ram, you’re reading way too much into this. I will say though.. you’ll be looking slick when you’re popping bunnies with them shades 8-)
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 10 Sep 2019, 11:08 pm

Im happy to be a guinea pig...for scientific ressons ofvourse...& for you guys...

Yea...ill take one for the team...

Send me one & ill be sure & give 35 hours of extensive indepth & unbiased testing in the first month...
And...!!...ill continue that testing & reporting for the entire extent of the units useful working life... :D
Last edited by Stix on 11 Sep 2019, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by knowsnothin » 10 Sep 2019, 11:37 pm

sharks !
lasers !
LASER SHARKS !!!!
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 11 Sep 2019, 7:45 am

No its spider pig

https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-homer-simp ... HUypTIfmFi

Seriously this thread went from seemingly informative to a guy going on a rant about a topic he doesn't have any real world experience with, and just quoting randomly related websites and internet haresay shooting rumors without.

Actually i spoke to the inventor of military NV, according to him the Chinese copied one of their competitors designs design and thus all European companies are dead set against them and creating false rumors... cuz at their price point it will destroy consumer NV market.

Another guy said that the Chinese military is using pard devices.

:sarcasm:
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 9:06 am

Stix wrote:Im happy to be a guinea pig...for scientific ressons ofvourse...& for you guys...

Send me one & ill be sure & give 35 hours of extensive indepth & unbiased testing in the first month...
And...!!...ill continue that testing & reporting for the entire extent of the units useful working life... :D

I've heard you love taking one from the team....oops,I mean for the team...
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 9:07 am

xDom wrote:I can comment on it. It’s s**t hot and I can still see... missed a couple of easy shots tonight, but that’s a different issue. :D

Ram, you’re reading way too much into this. I will say though.. you’ll be looking slick when you’re popping bunnies with them shades 8-)

Yep,mines awesome,and you'd have to be a completed numpty to be looking into the IR torch....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 9:13 am

Screenshot_20190911-084212_Gallery.jpg
Anyone else imagine ramshackle looking like this?
Screenshot_20190911-084212_Gallery.jpg (102.4 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Sep 2019, 9:14 am

Dead right bigpete maybe that's why microwaves have doors cause there is a possibility people will keep sticking their heads into them
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Sep 2019, 9:16 am

I'd like to see the farmers reaction if he saw you out hunting in that get up the sight memory would be gold
Member-Deleted

Post by ramshackle » 11 Sep 2019, 10:47 am

Ziad wrote:Seriously this thread went from seemingly informative to a guy going on a rant about a topic he doesn't have any real world experience with, and just quoting randomly related websites and internet haresay(sic) shooting rumors without.

No need to thank me, dimwit. :roll:

Actually i spoke to the inventor of military NV, according to him ... [snip garbage]

And you accuse me of "hearsay"? :crazy:

This thread was designed to be of use to people with double digit IQs. The rest of you can go get flucked.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 11 Sep 2019, 12:29 pm

There you go again its not you its all of us.What is all this crap you keep posting.Picture of you with a firearm or go away
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by ramshackle » 11 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm

OMFG are Aussies really this dumb? I'm sorry I left the US now
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Sep 2019, 1:47 pm

Omfg is right - yep, we are all dumb. Lol. What happened to your other - better than here forum?

You come on here pushing your opinion as if your a God, kick anyone anyone who replies in difference...and well..,Stix had it 100% right all along.
Your either a troll, someone who is pushing an angle for laser gear maybe or a true - in every sense of the word - narcissist. You must be An absolute joy at BBQS lol.

How much is a ticket back to US? I’ll throw in...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 2:14 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Omfg is right - yep, we are all dumb. Lol. What happened to your other - better than here forum?

You come on here pushing your opinion as if your a God, kick anyone anyone who replies in difference...and well..,Stix had it 100% right all along.
Your either a troll, someone who is pushing an angle for laser gear maybe or a true - in every sense of the word - narcissist. You must be An absolute joy at BBQS lol.

$20 here. Anyone else ?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by xDom » 11 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

ramshackle wrote:OMFG are Aussies really this dumb?

F##k off, mate.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 11 Sep 2019, 2:45 pm

I normally don't but ill add too, bigpete. $20 from me as well
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 11 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm

knowsnothin wrote:sharks !
lasers !
LASER SHARKS !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO...!!!... :drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 Sep 2019, 3:17 pm

bigpete wrote:
Stix wrote:Im happy to be a guinea pig...for scientific ressons ofvourse...& for you guys...

Yea you bloody wish...!!!

Ive seen the state of your hair in pics after you crawl out of the bushes with some fur...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 Sep 2019, 3:19 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Omfg is right - yep, we are all dumb. Lol. What happened to your other - better than here forum?

Hey...!!...dont bring me into this...!!!..
. :lol:
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 3:20 pm

Stix wrote:
bigpete wrote:

Yea you bloody wish...!!!

Ive seen the state of your hair in pics after you crawl out of the bushes with some fur...

Yeah...but....have you seen the state of the fur.....;)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ramshackle » 11 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

Groan, what a bunch of macho dummies, as bad as the UK lot; no worse. Must be a firearms thing, the way guns attract dipshirts worldwide.

Lesson learned. Won't try to help, educate or communicate here again.

Bye.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Sep 2019, 4:20 pm

So you’ve deemed the entire UK shooting community a bunch on wankers, the entire Oz enough gun forum shooting community as stupid dummies...the world of firearms must attract dipshirts...?
Wats the common denominator with all of this?? Your so much smarter shouldn’t take you long...

My guess is, your very young, probably not old enough to hold a licence yet but you’ve googled a couple things and now you think your an expert...the jokes on us really, for not picking it up sooner...say hi to your mum for me.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by ramshackle » 11 Sep 2019, 5:02 pm

TassieTiger wrote:So you’ve deemed the entire UK shooting community a bunch on wankers, the entire Oz enough gun forum shooting community as stupid dummies...the world of firearms must attract dipshirts...?

Last post.

No, not the "entire" community, but enough low wattage members to make the forums icky. You know, the big swinging dicks, the bullies, the microcephalics, the usual testosterone crowd.

My guess is, your very young, probably not old enough to hold a licence yet but you’ve googled a couple things and now you think your an expert...the jokes on us really, for not picking it up sooner...say hi to your mum for me.

Aged over 60, medical career, middle aged kids with professional careers. My mistake was to expect value from this forum, and intelligent conversation. I get it from other forums, including my own. Here? Nah.

Again, bye.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by xDom » 11 Sep 2019, 5:17 pm

What an absolute w@nker.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 11 Sep 2019, 5:44 pm

xDom wrote:What an absolute w@nker.

Seconded.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Sep 2019, 6:43 pm

ramshackle wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:So you’ve deemed the entire UK shooting community a bunch on wankers, the entire Oz enough gun forum shooting community as stupid dummies...the world of firearms must attract dipshirts...?

Last post.

No, not the "entire" community, but enough low wattage members to make the forums icky. You know, the big swinging dicks, the bullies, the microcephalics, the usual testosterone crowd.

Aged over 60, medical career, middle aged kids with professional careers. My mistake was to expect value from this forum, and intelligent conversation. I get it from other forums, including my own. Here? Nah.

Again, bye.

Well you won’t see this but others will...who knows, maybe a member of your personal forum might join here one day...

The fact that you chose to clarify your age etc, says sarcasm is completely lost on you - it was a hook statement to see how big a bite...Ozzie’s are taught this in year 3 and world renown for it.

You said you expected value from this forum? But you didn’t...you expected to TELL people stuff and have them agree with you...then throw tantrums when ppl disagreed...that’s not getting anything from anyone. That’s well...a bit weird tbh.
You must have contributed 100 posts on lasers, including a run away thread on kid type warnings and glasses...(contributed might not be the word? Well telling ppl about stuff that’s freely available to anyone who might want to research if they specifically wanted to anyway) - yet I didn’t see a single “pertinent” firearm query bar a barrel coating question that was similarly - very strange...did you even have any firearms...or was shackle too big of a personality to let Ram get clearance from the board ? Ps - this is a lol!

That conundrum your now feeling? The one that’s telling Mr shackle to get back on here and blast away back - but oooohhhh bugger, mr Ram said it was his last post several times now...so to do so would look foolish...bugger. To do, to do. Lol.
It’s been entertaining.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 11 Sep 2019, 7:22 pm

ramshackle wrote:

Last post.

... ... ... ...
Again, bye.

Ramshackle...
Its interesting you use the terms above...

My first reply to you was simply pulling you up on your patronising stab at CZ, with you claiming they hadnt answered your question, when infact they had--& that it was you who subtly placed a new set of perameters to your query.

Whilst i came straight out & questioned you, i did it politely, & straight to the point.

You immediately stabbed back at me, attempted to belittle me --effectively acting out exactly what you accuse others (me) of above...bullying, dick swinging bla bla bla...
Ofcourse we cant see that now because someone taddletailed...sorry...but just like a spoilt little brat...!!

You obviously dont like being challenged...& thats ok...we all say stupid stuff & feel like a dik sometimes...some more than others...but we have to take it on the chin sometimes...& not dictate to others what we "think" it would or should be like...

Research & disscussion is one thing...but yoir thread seems to have an alarmist GCA tone to it...

We're all keen on our own & childrens safety, but that doesnt mean xDom is a twat because he doesnt wear a space suit to shoot a rabbit at night.....
He's a twat cos he missed 2 easy shots last night... :lol: ( :thumbsup: :drinks: )...

Just relax...
Its ok for you to wear glasses with your pard... :thumbsup: we'd love to see a pic, & yes we'd laugh...but who goves a fuk if you're happy being so safe...

But if you're new to shooting...id suggest getting hold of a rifle & cracking some rounds out, & buy a spotlight & pop some bunnies...shoot your first fox...cook up the bunnies...share the recipe &/or the experience...
Then get a pard...
Then tell us if your blind 3 hunts later...

Enjoy... :drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Next

Return to Scopes, sights and optics