ZERO TECH vs Meopta Meopro ????

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: ZERO TECH vs Meopta Meopro ????

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Oct 2019, 8:10 pm

GQshayne wrote:Yes, but targets (wild dogs) did not appear much to my dismay!!! LOL

I think its use will be mainly for when you have a "hide" without a handy log to rest on. I am not sure of how handy it would be walking around. But it is an option that can be added or removed in seconds, so it has its purpose.

Yeah I find high mag a bit limiting with it's narrow FOV and the movement seen through the scope was off putting for me (using a bipod) I found I could actually shoot better with my 3-9 (less obvious movement and field of view was good too) compared to the 6.5-20 zeiss. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Am88 » 14 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm

No experience with Zero Tech but once again a good vote for the Meopta, I bought one with the fine Z Plex and it's been great, had it on my .222 for about 3 years now for Roo culling, good light transmission, for cull work I generally run it at 8 or 10 power all the time but for longer range daytime stuff its good to have it to crank the power up. Am building a new rifle now for longer range roos so have just put a Shmidt and Bender 8x56 Klassik on my .222, and transferred the Meopta to my .25-06 which I'm hoping to use for longer range wild dogs. For the price as they are on sale alot at the moment they are brilliant if you ask me.

Cheers
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 14 Oct 2019, 8:20 pm

The new Meopta Optika (6x mag range) will be on par with the Meopro line - and will be a instant hit when they become available soon.

Hope to have a play with them in the weekend at SHOT in melbourne!!
C
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Bill » 14 Oct 2019, 9:26 pm

yeah Im keen to take a look at the optik6 range, I do wonder if its a case of more features/new packaging or an improvement in glass.....
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bristles1 » 10 Jan 2020, 10:34 am

No contest Meopta all day
Bristles1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Ferrisweil » 10 Jan 2020, 11:38 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I personally wouldn't be putting High Mag scopes on a hunting rifle, I'd rather a 3-9 type thing, high mags good in theory but a PITA in reality where quick shots are often the norm and high mag is a PITA when it comes to shooting off hand and even off a steady rest out in the field as you see way too much movement when she's wound up makes life harder not easier IMHO and side parallax is another thing that's not needed in a hunting outfit where most shots are under 100m anyway in reality (occasionally you get a 200 plus shot but reality is most are a lot closer so high mag is a waste of time and money, buy better glass in a low mag range would be my advice, :drinks:

100% agree with this and Meopta all the way.
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mikejay » 15 Jan 2020, 10:55 pm

ZeroTech is actually a new AU specific release of TASCO. There is no Australian registered company called ZeroTech, instead the name and domain belong to;

Registrant Contact Name: Chris Watkins
Registrant Contact Email: chris@tasco.com.au
Tech Contact Name: Chris Watkins
Tech Contact Email: chris@tasco.com.au
Registrant: TASCO SALES (AUST) PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ABN 54000502910
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 16 Jan 2020, 8:40 am

thanks mikejay, so just a offshoot of Tasco and an attempt reinvigorate Tasco/bushnells premium range
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by mikejay » 16 Jan 2020, 10:23 am

Bill wrote:thanks mikejay, so just a offshoot of Tasco and an attempt reinvigorate Tasco/bushnells premium range

It does appear that way.
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Jan 2020, 10:25 am

mikejay wrote:ZeroTech is actually a new AU specific release of TASCO. There is no Australian registered company called ZeroTech, instead the name and domain belong to;

Registrant Contact Name: Chris Watkins
Registrant Contact Email: chris@tasco.com.au
Tech Contact Name: Chris Watkins
Tech Contact Email: chris@tasco.com.au
Registrant: TASCO SALES (AUST) PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ABN 54000502910

Nice research skills there.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by solarpak » 17 Jan 2020, 4:34 pm

If Zero Tech could make scopes to match or exceed the old Japanese Tasco's ie World Class, World Class Plus, Euro , Titan then they would be well worth a look .

C
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 17 Jan 2020, 7:31 pm

solarpak wrote:If Zero Tech could make scopes to match or exceed the old Japanese Tasco's ie World Class, World Class Plus, Euro , Titan then they would be well worth a look .

C

My thoughts were the same too Con. We have a couple of those old World Class scopes, bought in the 80's, and still working well. Given the Zero Tech price point, my suspicion is that they are a little more at the budget end then the old Tasco's were.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics