Meopta meopro warranty Australia

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Meopta meopro warranty Australia

Post by WookyMysta » 14 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

Hu Guys,

Further to my previous post about scope options, thanks to bigfellascott and all replies as to scope choice.

Its not about zoom, as its a hunting rifle.

bigfellascott on your field of view and mag/optics quality , well noted m8.

Went to lgs and looked through Loopy, Swaro, and meopta. (in overcast daylight conditions) For my eyes cant notice any real world difference in clarity that would justify the premium prices of the big name brands. Not looked through any at low light or dark situations though, I guess that is where its really at as a hunting scope.

My Question is,

What Australian warranty is offered by Meopta ?? From what google tells me (so it must be true) its ONLY 10 yrs for the meopro series.

If this is true, can anyone expand on this. It would seem a bit lame for such a quality optics company.

HPGS are offering "Zerotech" scopes with more features such as zero lock turrets n stuff, AND.... they offer UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty even if I damage the scope in the field.

Warranty is a MAJOR issue for me, regardless of the scope manufacturer.

Any and all comments will be much appreciated before I drop lots of o/time $$$ on a new scope. Just want the best scope with the best warranty for my situation.

Thanks heeeeps,

Wooky
WookyMysta
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Meopta meopro warranty Australia

Post by GQshayne » 14 Oct 2019, 7:22 pm

My Meostars have a 10 year warranty, extended to 30 years if you register the purchase. I the case of the Meopro, I suggest you contact Winchester Aust, who are the distributors for Meopta. Then you will get the facts, not hearsay.

As for scope quality, in perfect conditions, a modest scope will look quite good. I have some 30 year old Tascos that are just like this. But when things are not perfect, then the better quality stuff shows its class. And this is not only atmospheric conditions either. Those of us that have birthdays starting with "4" will tell you the old eyes are not quite as sharp as they used to be. An example - in perfect daylight at the gun range with my 2-8 power Tasco World Class, I was struggling to spot bullet holes in the target. Binos didn't help much either. And being the range, you cannot go and have a look whenever you like. So I had a look through my Swaro, and I could see them like they were 10 metres away. The Swaro is only 6 power. Quality right there.

I recently did a scope test with what I could get my hands on. I left the Tasco out of this test. I had a friends Leupold, maybe 30 years old, and a good scope for sure. And as a comparison I had the Swaro Z6, Meopta Meostar, and a Zeiss Diavari. In nice daylight the Leupold compared well, but as the light disappeared the others showed the extra quality. This test was to see how the Leupold stacked up for my mate who is in his fifties, and eyes not the best any more. The high end stuff showed its class. My last look was at a stump about 10om away, and as light dimmed I decided I could not really see it with naked eyes. But I could through the Meopta.

My advice is do not try and save money on a scope. Others will disagree, but I maintain that after your purchase you will never wish for a lesser quality optic.

And as you will have seen in your other thread, I am a big believer in a good field of view you get with low magnification being important for target acquisition, and that anything over 6 power is hard to use off-hand. Next chance you get do a test and see for yourself. See how quick you can get the crosshairs on a target, especially a moving one, on about 8 power, and then go back to 2 or 3.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 14 Oct 2019, 7:25 pm

How long do you expect to own this scope? If it is a lifetime then buy the best you can afford.

How long do you expect a new company like Zerotec to be around.

If you bought a cheaper fixed power scope there is less to go wrong with it. I have some fixed power Leupold that I bought in the 80s and are still going strong. I Bet if you bought a fixed power Nightforce, Kahles, Leica or Swarovski you would not need a warrenty, even if you bought it secondhand.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by solarpak » 14 Oct 2019, 8:15 pm

Shayne,
hit the nail on the head - in low light quality shows.
The Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 MC - probably one of the best hunting scopes made in the last 10 years (assembled in the USA for Zeiss - and retailed around $500)- not super expensive but punched well above its class. When the light had faded it was ridiculously easy to spot deer and make a telling shot - countless times.....
Same with higher spec Zeiss scopes (Duralyts) and Swaro Z3 and above....same with Leica's and the Meopta Meopro ane Meostar.

But one less known Meopta scope is the ZD series - the 4-16 x model in the ZD range is right up there with the Zeiss Victory .....just watch Richard Uttings from Sharpshooting UK review in this scope against the Victory and it will speak for itself- and it retails around half the price of the Victory .

Meopta - bloody great scopes - warranty is important but not everything - and 30 years is more than enough .

C
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Oct 2019, 10:42 pm

If $$$ are even questionable, I wouldn’t discount a good second hand scope - with a transferable life time warranty...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by solarpak » 15 Oct 2019, 6:24 pm

TassieTiger wrote:If $$$ are even questionable, I wouldn’t discount a good second hand scope - with a transferable life time warranty...

Agree with you on that too Tassie

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 15 Oct 2019, 6:48 pm

Any opinions on Vortex? In particular the Crossfire II’s? Not the most expensive choice out there. Any good?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Oct 2019, 7:18 pm

I’ve got a vortex diamond back - similar to cross fire. I bought it to go on my walker / stalker rifle - a 30/06, but the eye relief was terrible - it now lives on a .22 as it wasn’t bad optically
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by RoginaJack » 15 Oct 2019, 8:27 pm

Yeah, I've got a Vortex on the 243Win., use it for feral dogs, foxes etc. Had a Leopold but the crosshairs were a bit too fine for early morning/late afternoon, so went to the Vortex Crossfire. Lifetime warranty and for the money, very had to beat.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics