Zero Tech scopes factory

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Zero Tech scopes factory

Post by InisBineest » 27 Oct 2019, 6:01 am

So I've heard a bit of comment about these scopes here and on FB, but most of it seems to be hearsay. I'm wondering if anyone here can point me to any reliable information that shows where these scopes are made? I've heard some say they are Chinese/tasco scopes, and others say they are made in the Burris factory. But no actual information that I can find on any website varifies this. Can onyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Zero Tech scopes factory

Post by Bill » 27 Oct 2019, 11:51 am

Google Bushnell Forge 4.5-27x50, seems to be alot of similarities
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by solarpak » 27 Oct 2019, 3:16 pm

The scope SHOULD have where its made either on the scope itself or on the box.

Most people seem to not know a lot about sport optics manufacture - be it scopes, binos, rangefinders etc...

There is NO TASCO factory in China, and there is NO BUSHNELL OR NIGHTFORCE factory in Japan ..... etc......etc......

There are optics manufacturers in China and Japan that produce scopes for a brand name - be it Hawke, Tasco, Zero Tech, Bushnell, Nightforce etc.......The owner of the brand get their scopes built to a specification and price.........and mind you there are some fine scopes around the $1000 price point coming out of China that are being made for Hawke ( Frontier range ) that cant be sneezed at.......lots of folk are very dismissive without even trying a scope - regardless where its made.

Light Optic Works (LOW) and i think Shirstone Optics are the two big manufacturers of optics in Japan - but dont quote me on this. I am in no doubt that China would have similar companies there that would make a scope on an OEM basis.

I recommend going for scope brands that have some sort of warranty and back-up - and that are distributed in Australia by one of the big retailers like Nioa, TSA, OSA, Winchester etc...... these companies have been around a long time and will help you if anything goes amiss.

Remember - if buying new ask about the scopes warranty - and also do your research.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 27 Oct 2019, 4:35 pm

If you were a betting man you would do well putting your money on the fact that most budget scopes have their components if not the assembly in China or the Phillipines.

Another poster here has bought a Chinese scope, Vision King, for $60. He said the quality was equal to other scopes like Bushnell worth five to ten times the price. If it fails he has lost his $60. I have a friend that was going to get a $500 Bushnell, I told him about the Vision King so he bought a 8 to 25x for $150. The glass is actually pretty good and I have not seen better from a sub $1000 scope. The turrets move positively and the retical looks great. If the Zero Tech scope is better I would like to see it.

I am guessing that if the Vision King scope fails there is no warrenty but $150 you have not lost much.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by InisBineest » 27 Oct 2019, 9:04 pm

I generally subscribe to the theory of "you get what you pay for" and unfortunately I don't have the money to gamble on a $150 scope that "might" be good. If I could try one out in person I might, but not having a warrantee/guarentee that it will last is not a comfort to me. Zero tech have a bushnell/vortex like forever warranty, but they are a new company so who knows what will happen.
I'd look on the box if I had one:P I'm aiming to get to North Vic Ammo to see them in person, but as someone pointed out, do research first!
And I don't have a problem with where they are made, I just want a starting point to do research. All helpful though, thanks.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 27 Oct 2019, 9:36 pm

If you subscribe to the" you get what you pay for" then get a Nightforce.

If you want a cheap Chinese scope, then you will have to choose your price point and be comfortable with the after sales service or lack there of. You will probably find that any number of these scopes are made in the same factory in China, perhaps they are the Bushnell rejects.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by InisBineest » 28 Oct 2019, 8:25 am

Fair. Let me put it another way. I spent what money I had on a rifle that was suitable for my style of shooting and the locations I have availible to me. That leaves me with about $400 left to put some glass on it that works for what and how I shoot. That rules out Night force I'm afraid. With that budget I'm left with Bushnell, Zero tech, Vortex and the Zeiss Terra as options. I rule out anything with crappy afters ale support (I.e. Ebay Chinese stuff) and leaves me with the options above as reasonable within my budget and requirements. I only ask about Zero tech as they seem the new kids on the block. I'm just trying to do research before I make do with what I have
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by flutch » 28 Oct 2019, 2:36 pm

a friend of mine suggested trying out a Tac Vector scope, So I shelled out the mere $170 it cost for a 3-15x50 SFP forester scope from them. over 80mm eye relief, crystal clear, 30mm tube, and is currently on my 300winmag, hasnt moved, hasnt fogged, and has had over 300 shots with it and it still hold zero perfectly... I'm definitely not one to think that you need to spend big money on glass, most youre paying for a brand name and truthfully unless they offer lifetime warranty with replacement its just not worth it in most cases, I honestly believe they are all more or less the same thing as was mentioned by solarpak just before there are limited companies producing glass and components anyway.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 28 Oct 2019, 2:41 pm

InisBineest wrote:Fair. Let me put it another way. I spent what money I had on a rifle that was suitable for my style of shooting and the locations I have availible to me. That leaves me with about $400 left to put some glass on it that works for what and how I shoot. That rules out Night force I'm afraid. With that budget I'm left with Bushnell, Zero tech, Vortex and the Zeiss Terra as options. I rule out anything with crappy afters ale support (I.e. Ebay Chinese stuff) and leaves me with the options above as reasonable within my budget and requirements. I only ask about Zero tech as they seem the new kids on the block. I'm just trying to do research before I make do with what I have

suss out vector optics like I did, I wasnt disappointed at all.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Oct 2019, 2:52 pm

Second hand Leupold VX2 or maybe vx3 at a stretch...lifetime, transferable warranty.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by InisBineest » 28 Oct 2019, 5:28 pm

I looked for second hand after my local dealer said the Zero Tech were sold out. No luck there but after a bit of research I've ended up forgoing adjustable objective and buying a Zeiss Terra 4-12x40. I have a similar Bushnell AR scope so I will do a side by side comparison when it gets here. Should be interesting as they are both made in Asian countries (as far as I can find on their respective websites) and both have lifetime warranties.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Oct 2019, 5:55 pm

I love my Nikon Scope (Philippines made) very clear and bright under all conditions, I've compared it side by side some Euro and USA stuff and honestly I can't see SFA in it 99% of the time, maybe just that little bit sharper image but honestly there really wasn't much in it TBH and certainly can't say I can see 5 or 6 or even 10 times the price diff. :unknown:

P.S. even those who owned the US and Euro scopes were surprised just how good it compared to their more fancied scopes (and we compared them in daylight, low light, last light and under spotlight.

I certainly haven't had a need to spend 1000's $$ on a scope and the most expensive one I have cost $1300 plus and honestly it's no brighter, sharper or do anything better than the Nikon does. :drinks:

I think a fair chunk of the cost of some of the more expensive scopes can be attributed to their wages, our $$ v theres, taxes and duties etc.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by InisBineest » 28 Oct 2019, 6:48 pm

I did own a Nikon on my Summit and then put it on my CZ, both 22s. It was a Prostaff target from the US and it was excellent. My only gripe (that I discovered after I bought it) was the 1/2 moa clicks. That made it less than ideal for my purposes but it was still clearer than the bushnell's I have.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Oct 2019, 7:18 pm

InisBineest wrote:I did own a Nikon on my Summit and then put it on my CZ, both 22s. It was a Prostaff target from the US and it was excellent. My only gripe (that I discovered after I bought it) was the 1/2 moa clicks. That made it less than ideal for my purposes but it was still clearer than the bushnell's I have.

Mines 1/4 moa :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Scopes, sights and optics