Z-Vision 103 Hunting Torch

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Z-Vision 103 Hunting Torch

Post by CrackThump » 08 Nov 2019, 5:53 pm

Ive just bought myself one of these Z-Vision 103 torch kit, $260 seemed like it was in the ball parkas far as a lot of these packages go for and it comes with all the good fruit including a scope mount and a "rat tail" rifle mounted switch, extra battery, car charger etc etc etc...

Its currently on charge right now, and the sun is still up so I cant report how good it actually is.but the packaging says its good for 500mtrs. (so Im guessing it should be good and bright to 300mtr. ?? )

My paranoia has a question for y'all though.. If I really lean on the tightening nut on the scope clamp, do I risk crushing or distorting the scope tube.? or am I worrying about nothing. ? the scope is a 12 month old Nikko Stirling..

Cheers everyone, have a great weekend and I'll let you know laters how impressed -or not- I am with the Zvision. :D
Attachments
ZLight.jpg
ZLight.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Z-Vision 103 Hunting Torch

Post by Blr243 » 08 Nov 2019, 7:10 pm

If your talking about the bracket in the top right hand corner of the accessories box I have used that type before and I doubt you would crush a scope tube with it ..... go the Nikko sterling. Used one for years shot everything with it. Even shot Himalayan thar with it in the cold rocky slippery scope killing terrain in New Zealand
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 08 Nov 2019, 7:14 pm

I’ve just bought a similar light, but a Nitecore. I mounted the torch on my 22 scope tonight just to see what it looked like. I think I’d rather the magnetic barrel clamp, it’s more out of the way under the barrel, but the fella in the shop told me the weight on the barrel will affect accuracy!? Anyway, I put a bit of tension on my scope clamp mount and I don’t think you could damage your scope, possibly scratch it though, which I’d also like to avoid.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 09 Nov 2019, 6:25 am

How many lumens from the Zvision?

I also have thus favoured nitecores - P30 if I remember. Amazing little units...speared a couple flounder one night messing with it in a clip lock sanga bag lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Scopes, sights and optics