Vortex diamond back

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Vortex diamond back

Post by Harrynsw » 24 Nov 2019, 11:10 am

Hi guys
Has anyone had any interactions with the Vortex diamond back tactical?
Seems to have good feedback...
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Vortex diamond back

Post by wannabustbunnies » 24 Nov 2019, 1:05 pm

I have the 4-16x44 FFP on my 223. I haven't used it a whole lot so far but the glass is decent and it seems to track ok.
I mainly got it as it has the same reticle as my comp gun and all my scopes are now FFP. I have only used it out to 400m, both dialling and using the reticle for holdovers.
It doesn't have a zero stop or revolution marks for the turret but that is because of the turret design. 6 mils per rotation will still get me past 600m with my 223 though so not likely to get lost in turret rotations.
The parallax adjustment is a bit more finicky. As in I need to adjust it more for different distances than I can get away without doing with my PST Gen 2. It is 1/3 the price though.
It works well with my add on night vision as well which is handy.
Overall for the money it is very good value and I will probably buy another for a future rifle purchase
wannabustbunnies
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 24 Nov 2019, 6:43 pm

wannabustbunnies wrote:I have the 4-16x44 FFP on my 223. I haven't used it a whole lot so far but the glass is decent and it seems to track ok.
I mainly got it as it has the same reticle as my comp gun and all my scopes are now FFP. I have only used it out to 400m, both dialling and using the reticle for holdovers.
It doesn't have a zero stop or revolution marks for the turret but that is because of the turret design. 6 mils per rotation will still get me past 600m with my 223 though so not likely to get lost in turret rotations.
The parallax adjustment is a bit more finicky. As in I need to adjust it more for different distances than I can get away without doing with my PST Gen 2. It is 1/3 the price though.
Overall for the money it is very good value and I will probably buy another for a future rifle purchase

Thanks for the detailed response
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Nov 2019, 10:09 pm

Have a look at the Athlon Argos BTR range, the yanks love em. I have one which I am heading to sell, as I got a leupold 8x25 from a friend for a very decent price
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Jt-2019 » 03 Feb 2020, 5:51 am

I'm running the vortex crossfire scout love it
Jt-2019
Private
Private

-

Post by marksman » 03 Feb 2020, 10:56 am

wannabustbunnies wrote:I have the 4-16x44 FFP on my 223. I haven't used it a whole lot so far but the glass is decent and it seems to track ok.

how does it go with your night vision add on :unknown:
l have put my pard nv007 onto a vortex viper l have and like the clarity but have been thinking about the diamondback myself :unknown:

here are a couple of reviews worth looking at :drinks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LloO642Gew0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLf83sSl2A
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics