pard nv007 for chrissy

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: pard nv007 for chrissy

Post by bigpete » 18 Jan 2020, 12:23 pm

Any nv scope has to sit back a long way so you can put your eye on the cup anyway....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 18 Jan 2020, 3:04 pm

bigpete wrote:Any nv scope has to sit back a long way so you can put your eye on the cup anyway....

true that, good point :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm

*BUMP*

Marksman, now that it's been a couple of months, is the Pard still living up to your initial impressions? Have you taken any more photos with it at night we could see?
Member-Deleted

Post by Bruiser64 » 05 Mar 2020, 6:15 pm

I’ll second the request for an update. It’s all a bit late for me though. I bought one the other day and I should get it next week.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Mar 2020, 8:23 pm

Watching with interest here as well...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2020, 8:13 am

sorry guys l have been off culling deer and havent had the time to put in to the pard
this time of year is a bit busy and l am also trying to get out onto the tuna off the coast at the moment
l will try and get something in the next week
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 06 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm

marksman wrote:sorry guys l have been off culling deer and havent had the time to put in to the pard
this time of year is a bit busy and l am also trying to get out onto the tuna off the coast at the moment
l will try and get something in the next week

I feel for you mate. You must be hating life and what it has turned you into at the moment. Tuna fishing. deer “culling”. It’s just too awful to contemplate.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 04 Apr 2020, 12:23 am

Well, I have now received my Pard NV007. It seems very good looking out onto the street from my house. Given current events, I have no idea when I will be able to use it in the field.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 04 Apr 2020, 10:39 am

l have just bought an optisan scope for mine for a better sight picture and easier use
next l will be getting a stronger ir torch for longer distances

this guy is on top of it and he is well and truly worth a look at, lots of good advice Bruiser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBU5tz2 ... 7i4T-ntfyE

l have used mine and shot a few rabbits with one of my 17's but it was way to hard to adjust the parallax at the objective with the leupold scope l was using
IMO it is very important to have the side focus parallel adjustment like everyone has said

you will be very happy with it Bruiser
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 05 Apr 2020, 12:02 pm

marksman wrote:l have just bought an optisan scope for mine for a better sight picture and easier use
next l will be getting a stronger ir torch for longer distances

this guy is on top of it and he is well and truly worth a look at, lots of good advice Bruiser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBU5tz2 ... 7i4T-ntfyE

l have used mine and shot a few rabbits with one of my 17's but it was way to hard to adjust the parallax at the objective with the leupold scope l was using
IMO it is very important to have the side focus parallel adjustment like everyone has said

you will be very happy with it Bruiser

Thanks for that link. That’s a very informative video. I have a Hawke scope on my 204. I suspect I will have the same issues adjusting the parallax with it, as it too has the adjustments on the objective. I cant afford a new scope at present, so i will have to cobble together an interim solution. My plan is to use it on the 204 and either my HMR or 22 magnum. So that is two new scopes at some point.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 05 Apr 2020, 12:23 pm

where the problem with an adjustable AO is that you cover the IR light while adjusting so you lose sight picture, you could get used to it

l have seen the prices of the scope l bought for $600 go up by $100 at one shop probably because of the dollar but the scope was in stock so it looks like it was just because, l went to another shop and paid $100 less at $600
l'm saving now for a bigger IR torch and another smaller scope for 22 rimfire only, shouldn't take to long not buying petrol ect...
the hawkes are apparently very good with the nv007 :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 05 Apr 2020, 2:20 pm

Last time I bought a nv scope my dealer tried to explain the different ratings on the illuminator scope And by that I mean 850 nm or 940 nm or whatever the hell I can’t remember the exact numbers. I just had a stab in the dark. It was pretty complex, and I may have understood some of it. If I remember correctly it was as if increasing or decreasing the nm helped one aspect but was bad for some other reason. And in regards to animals detecting the extra illumination I can’t remember weather or not one type of torch was closer to an animals range of visible spectrum. So I encourage people considering extra powerful illuminating torches to study it thoroughly first
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 05 Apr 2020, 6:12 pm

marksman wrote:where the problem with an adjustable AO is that you cover the IR light while adjusting so you lose sight picture, you could get used to it

l have seen the prices of the scope l bought for $600 go up by $100 at one shop probably because of the dollar but the scope was in stock so it looks like it was just because, l went to another shop and paid $100 less at $600
l'm saving now for a bigger IR torch and another smaller scope for 22 rimfire only, shouldn't take to long not buying petrol ect...
the hawkes are apparently very good with the nv007 :drinks:

I have just ordered some of these:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Breakaway-N ... XQuu9RmroN

hopefully they will fit on my Hawkes objective so it is easier to adjust it with the pard in place. I use them on the magnification adjustment ring on my scopes and they work well in that role. A cheap stopgap until I decide if I want to change the scope.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by ratpaker » 05 Apr 2020, 8:58 pm

Breakaway casters work well by all accounts.
Mount them on the side.
Ir light is more easily seen by animals in the lower frequency.
850 is a happy medium but if the animals look straight at the torch they can see a faint red glow.
940 is more stealthy but as a rule you will lose 1/3 to 1/2 of your range.
I use 850nm and have very good results.
At spectra tactical we sell both pills for the t67mk2 torch and find most people just use the 850nm.
Will have pards back in stock hopefully soon...
Damm this corona virus!
Just started to get thermal gear in too!
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 06 Apr 2020, 9:13 am

ratpaker wrote:Breakaway casters work well by all accounts.
Mount them on the side.
Ir light is more easily seen by animals in the lower frequency.
850 is a happy medium but if the animals look straight at the torch they can see a faint red glow.
940 is more stealthy but as a rule you will lose 1/3 to 1/2 of your range.
I use 850nm and have very good results.
At spectra tactical we sell both pills for the t67mk2 torch and find most people just use the 850nm.
Will have pards back in stock hopefully soon...
Damm this corona virus!
Just started to get thermal gear in too!

I am particularly pleased I ordered the last of your NV007’s. How much will the thermal gear be when you eventually get it? Thanks heaps too for the high quality of your customer service. It’s excellent being able to talk to a fellow shooter about how the product works in practise.

Do you have any experience with how Bushnell scopes work with the NV007? I know the Optisan brand is recommended. I am curious if a cheaper Bushnell would work for my 22 magnum.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 06 Apr 2020, 10:12 am

Bruiser64 wrote:I am particularly pleased I ordered the last of your NV007’s. How much will the thermal gear be when you eventually get it? Thanks heaps too for the high quality of your customer service. It’s excellent being able to talk to a fellow shooter about how the product works in practise.

+1 :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 06 Apr 2020, 6:42 pm

Who has the cheapest 700’s at present ?

I’ve watched a couple videos and undertaken a lot of reading...
At first I thought the LRF would be great but then as pointed out, the range finder is next to useless really - because the red light won’t be shining passed 250 or so and you can easily estimate that. The extra batteries were also a worry.

So then I started thinking well the 800, but wat Jing Ozzie review one made me think a full house digital scope may be a bit too techy and potentially prone to failure - not to mention poi issues may creep in from recoil etc. The zoom feature on the 800 is fully digital and not optical so as another vid said - if you were doing a night time only set up, then maybe...

So, I’m fully on board with a 700 - I can use it as a mono and part time without too much messing around and I can see those commie bastards creeping under me fence at night :sarcasm:

Given I don’t know just yet what scope this will go on - would it make sense to purchase all 3 adapters?
Anything else to be wary of - or need ? I’ve read this thread 7 times, I’m a bit slow, so I’ve got the side focus thing and mounting arrangements.

A wee bit excited - maybe this is why my wife goes shopping all the time, for the short term endorphin hit lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 06 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

what makes it more exciting is dont tell the wife and when she finally sees it tell her you told her about it ages ago :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 06 Apr 2020, 10:25 pm

Blr243 wrote:Last time I bought a nv scope my dealer tried to explain the different ratings on the illuminator scope And by that I mean 850 nm or 940 nm or whatever the hell I can’t remember the exact numbers. I just had a stab in the dark. It was pretty complex, and I may have understood some of it. If I remember correctly it was as if increasing or decreasing the nm helped one aspect but was bad for some other reason. And in regards to animals detecting the extra illumination I can’t remember weather or not one type of torch was closer to an animals range of visible spectrum. So I encourage people considering extra powerful illuminating torches to study it thoroughly first

The link below gives a very good explanation in respect of night vision. You may need to join the forum to read it.

https://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/view ... f=3&t=6297
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 07 Apr 2020, 8:21 am

Thanks bruiser
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ratpaker » 07 Apr 2020, 6:59 pm

I am particularly pleased I ordered the last of your NV007’s. How much will the thermal gear be when you eventually get it? Thanks heaps too for the high quality of your customer service. It’s excellent being able to talk to a fellow shooter about how the product works in practise.

Do you have any experience with how Bushnell scopes work with the NV007? I know the Optisan brand is recommended. I am curious if a cheaper Bushnell would work for my 22 magnum.[/quote]

Glad youre enjoying the pard 007, I still use mine on my 22, pcp air rifle, and 223.
The bushnells are reputed to work ok in the AR series, I haven't seen it first hand but been told by customers etc...
You will still need side focus if you can!
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Apr 2020, 9:58 pm

So I’ve emailed a couple dealers re supplying the NV700 and no one has come back to me as yet...
The you tube video link above says that he was seeing them advertised for around $650/700 - but I cannot find anything matching those prices. From what I’ve seen so far during my research - It looks like the 700’s prices are holding (better convenience? Despite less tech maybe )and they seem to be getting closer to the 800’s...I’ve seen some 700’s on eBay for $1500 lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 07 Apr 2020, 11:04 pm

l strongly recommend these guys for service, knowledge of the product and price (ratpacker)
http://www.spectratactical.com.au/gener ... -in-stock/

l have forgotten in the past to add that the unit has a very handy laser that helps getting you looking at the target quicker
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Apr 2020, 11:14 pm

Tried them MM - when I go to purchase(despite being advertised as in stock), they link to an eBay ad and that then says / it’s out of stock...
Also, I emailed them 3 days ago / no response...

Gun world are advertising a good price but they are out of stock as well. It appears the universe is telling me No, you shall not purchase! Might be time to look at something completely different.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by ratpaker » 10 Apr 2020, 3:23 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Tried them MM - when I go to purchase(despite being advertised as in stock), they link to an eBay ad and that then says / it’s out of stock...
Also, I emailed them 3 days ago / no response...

Gun world are advertising a good price but they are out of stock as well. It appears the universe is telling me No, you shall not purchase! Might be time to look at something completely different.

Ok Tassie Tiger, good news for you!
I was waiting on a reply from someone who asked me to hold them a 007.
He's passed on it... so I have ONE only left.
Its a 12mm version with a 45mm collar in the box although we can swap that for a 42 or a 48 if that suits you better.
Our price is 600 if picked up or 650 posted and insured anywhere in Australia.
My number is 0420363045 and yes, during Easter and the weekend is fine.
Give me a ring asap if you're keen?
Cheers, Neil aka Ratpaker
ratpaker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by marksman » 10 Apr 2020, 6:09 pm

happy easter Tassie
l told you there good blokes to deal with :thumbsup: :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Apr 2020, 9:25 am

Patients is unfortunately not one of my strong suits - on hearing about low / no stock From various others, I jumped on one from another place and it’s been dispatched to me - so should be here in about a month lol.
Bugger. Bugger. Bugger.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Apr 2020, 10:02 pm

Time for a rant...
So, purchased a pard nv7 from a brizzy shop and a few days after paying (bought a few other things and 3 adapters for pard), they send me an email with order details and a link to check on order status - their words.

So I go to link and check order - it says it’s been dispatched. Ok - cool I thinks.

I then advise on the forum, to RatPak and others - I’ve secured a pard, thanks anyway for his generous offer, etc.

So today, I email Same shop and ask for confirmation RE order status, just wanting to start to keep an eye out on post.
I get a response - saying, everything I ordered is out of stock with no eta.
I ask about the dispatched advice status on line and get told - “that is for us internally to show someone has looked at order, it doesn’t mean it’s been dispatched.”
I reply with, well that’s just fantastic, when will my stuff be coming in.
Reply - “don’t know, besides, your order is only 10 days old in amongst holidays...etc.”
I said, what? I’m not asking where are my items, I’m asking when and why the misleading on line advice?
No response. So I asked for them to give a firm date OR refund the $$$ and again...no response.
I ve spent quite a lot of $ at this shop (I fly to briny a fair bit and it’s closest shop to city), and one might like to think customer service would be better since ppl are forced online...apparently, not.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 17 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm

That sucks Tassie... :thumbsdown:

Some shops are beyond it these days eh...the attitudes of some people are just way too entitled,...so much so that respect is far from their their thoughts unless it negatively effects them... :thumbsdown:

Have you contacted the rat...? (hehe--ratpaker... :) )

If i had cash id have bought your unit from him already...i thouhjt about sending him a pm saying "if Tassie doesnt get it..."...but i didnt so hopefully its still available for you.. :thumbsup: .or me... :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Apr 2020, 11:06 pm

If I knew what was happening with Briz purchase, I’d messsge Rat, but I don’t want to mess him around and I don’t want to end up potentially buying 2...
Mate - feel free to message rp if your wanting one - I ended up paying $200 more (with 3 x adapters) than RP was offering UP for - and I shopped around, it was a great price! You won’t find cheaper and his message to me included a ph no to help set up - can’t ask for more than that.
If I do end up getting a refund, I’ll prob message him and go on wait list anyway. I won’t be throwing any more coin at this briz shop - I don’t understand why they think I would with their atude. Sad really.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

PreviousNext

Return to Scopes, sights and optics