Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 Tactical

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 Tactical

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2020, 2:15 pm

So we are saying that if you bought a Nightforce BEAST and took it out hunting more than 134 times, it would have cost less than $30 per trip, bargain. Mad to have bought anything else really.
:drinks:
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2020, 2:20 pm

I have owned a few scopes from Leupold, Ziess, Schmidt and Bender and Nightforce. Only one had an issue, a 30 year old Leupold failed. I sent it in for a free repair and she is good to go. I hope you have the same experience with your Vector.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Feb 2020, 2:28 pm

Hey i can see both point of views. As long as the scope doesn't break and you never want to sell it and it actually works as described you are ahead. And if it works and it's your money who really cares.

Same logic is why kmart is doing so well, get cheap stuff and sell lots of it... make the society used to being disposable.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2020, 2:51 pm

flutch wrote:

Precisely, and for me personally when I bought mine off them, I purchased the Forester 3-15X50 scopes, they came in at $150 each, I was more than happy to take a gamble at that price, and it has since paid off in droves, I have had other name brand scopes not even come close to it in clarity and durability.

I agree with you Fluch, if this Vector was $150 it would be worth a punt but for $1,000 you are so close to being able to afford some decent scopes.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 16 Feb 2020, 4:33 pm

Ziad wrote:Hey i can see both point of views. As long as the scope doesn't break and you never want to sell it and it actually works as described you are ahead. And if it works and it's your money who really cares.

Same logic is why kmart is doing so well, get cheap stuff and sell lots of it... make the society used to being disposable.

The rapidly expanding price of labour and rapidly reducing pool of skilled labour are what is making us a disposable society.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 16 Feb 2020, 4:43 pm

SCJ429 wrote:How much would you buy this scope for Blade? Is it worth a grand to you?

I really doubt it, but I have no interest in it so haven't examined the specs. I have very little interest in any scope over $500 or so, to throw a grand at one it would have to fit a very specific purpose, long-range competition, or spotlighting perhaps.

I'm certainly not going to pay a premium to have a "free transferable lifetime warranty" (a ludicrously brilliant/stupid idea, depending on who's paying) I'm unlikely to use, you're paying extra to cover the costs of the company refurbishing all those scopes bought cheap off Ebay and sent in under the warranty to bring it back to new spec. Here in Oz we already have decent consumer protection laws.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics