Disappointing Purchase

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Disappointing Purchase

Post by Blr243 » 31 Jan 2020, 11:39 am

A bit annoying and not a convenient process but most importantly you have your coin back.
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 31 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm

Blr243 wrote:A bit annoying and not a convenient process but most importantly you have your coin back.

Very true mate. Just an inconvenience, glad I am not locked in battle trying to get my money back.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by brinny » 31 Jan 2020, 11:09 pm

JimTom wrote:Received a phone call regarding the new scope that had been ordered to replace the suspected demo model that was sent to me.

No more in stock, so I guess that almost confirms that they sent me the demo as they didn’t have any others available. Unsatisfactory.

Have now been fully refunded and will investigate other models.

Your obviously not keen on saying what brand....but if this is the scope you prefer, and there is nil stock available on this model, is it an option for you to get a substantial discount for this scope being a demo....chances are there you may not have issues with it and you will save a big dollar...It would also need to come with a full warranty period...Just a thought...
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 01 Feb 2020, 5:05 am

Mate the scope was an ATN Mars 4, 388x240 1.5-5x.
They did offer a small discount for the scope once I called them out on it being demo, however not enough to spark interest in a scope with an unverified background. Had they been honest from the start and offered a reasonable discount I would have considered it.
I do like the ATN, however my preferred gun shop doesn’t sell them. I have done a lot of comparing the Mars4 to the Pulsar Thermion and whilst I like both, I think the ATN is slightly better.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Feb 2020, 9:42 pm

JimTom wrote:Received a phone call regarding the new scope that had been ordered to replace the suspected demo model that was sent to me.

No more in stock, so I guess that almost confirms that they sent me the demo as they didn’t have any others available. Unsatisfactory.

Have now been fully refunded and will investigate other models.

Now that's what you call a "sour tasting all day sucker"
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics