Budget Scope Needed for 223. Suggestions?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Budget Scope Needed for 223. Suggestions?

Post by bman940 » 14 Apr 2020, 2:43 am

Check out Meopta's new Optika5 line of scopes. 1-inch tube and great for hunting rifes. Loads of great features like you would find on the Optika6 but less money.
bman940
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by northdude » 30 Apr 2020, 4:59 pm

might get shot down here but im a cheap arse when it comes to scopes i run nikko stirlings on most of my rifles ive found with my ones they adjust how they are supposed to they hold zero i wont cry if i break it ive had them for 35 years now and out of the budget scopes these do the job for me
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Blr243 » 30 Apr 2020, 6:00 pm

It’s amazing what a disgusting cheap Nikko sterling can accomplish,, when I was younger I used it to shoot a stack of pigs and fallow and I even took it hunting thar in the South Island on New Zealand
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 30 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm

yea i recon they punch above their price range
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Cooper » 01 May 2020, 4:56 pm

SCJ429 wrote:That is interesting that Bushnell make the same optic in China and in Korea. I wonder why? Perhaps they have moved all production of the AR Optics to Korea.

The new Bushnell AR optics are made in Korea. I am talking the new one with the factory throw down level on the magnification adjustment. I haven’t mounted it to a rifle yet. But have a few of the older version. I’ve noticed a couple of differences. The optical bell at the rear is actually 5mm narrower than the old version. Probably a good thing. Also weirdly the magnification ring rotates in the opposite directions compared to the old version. Also they have gone away from the 3mm Allen key adjustment on the turrets to a much smaller Allen key screw lock screw.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics