Thoughts on...

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Thoughts on...

Post by Harrynsw » 16 Apr 2020, 10:23 am

Off the back of the Bushnell Nitro post, has any one got any thoughts on this scope, again in 1k price area.
https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... 0-cds-30mm
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Thoughts on...

Post by Harrynsw » 16 Apr 2020, 10:28 am

For another $700 I could go a Nightforce SHV
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Apr 2020, 10:39 am

Really depends what your main use will be..
Looking at the scope - Similar features to the vx2 - and at that price point, I think you could do better - either with a little more $ as H has said or in second hand market (get a CV life time warranty).
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 16 Apr 2020, 10:44 am

l'm not sure what you are going to do with the scope eg.. what its going on

but l have just bought an optisan EVX 6-24x56i for my 22 dasher to use a pard nv007 with as well as long shots daytime, l recommend it highly
in fact l am thinking about selling my vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp to buy another of these scopes
l own leupold and nightforce scopes but am very impressed with the optisan scope, l would rate the optisan clarity better than the leupold
it may be worth a look for you and heaps cheaper
https://www.adelaidegunshop.com.au/scop ... cle-569-00
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 16 Apr 2020, 10:53 am

If you go another 700 you'll be in a slightly high quality market with more options. I did research for a while (mainstream brands) and I was looking at vortex for a while but got converted to a nightforce NXS.

Price point will also come down to what you want to do with it, FFP vs SFP, weight, durability. Provide a little more information and you'll most likely get a number of suggestions to research.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Apr 2020, 11:28 am

marksman wrote:l'm not sure what you are going to do with the scope eg.. what its going on

but l have just bought an optisan EVX 6-24x56i for my 22 dasher to use a pard nv007 with as well as long shots daytime, l recommend it highly
in fact l am thinking about selling my vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp to buy another of these scopes
l own leupold and nightforce scopes but am very impressed with the optisan scope, l would rate the optisan clarity better than the leupold
it may be worth a look for you and heaps cheaper
https://www.adelaidegunshop.com.au/scop ... cle-569-00

Hey marksman...have you used the scope...?

I need a scope to replace a fsulty one before i send it back so curious if you've been hands on with the optisan yet...? (It sounds like you have).

Where did you get it from...?...same as your link...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Harrynsw » 16 Apr 2020, 11:31 am

It's going on a hunting rifle, ideally I wanted covered turrets with some sort of bed Reticle in FFP, but by the looks of it there's not much with covered turrets...
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 16 Apr 2020, 11:40 am

yea same as the link Stix and honestly the clarity is very high quality
cant use the farker at the moment
l haven't fitted it yet as l am waiting for some higher mounts, although when l checked l have got some but for a picatinny that would make it a bigger job
the price there is the best l came across

as it came the clarity is very high without any adjustment while going through all power ranges
there's no chromatic aberration :lol: :drinks:

but l am selling a vortex viper cheap mate ;) :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Apr 2020, 12:10 pm

Ill swap you for a once only mounted & fired bushnell AR scope... :lol:

I might have to try one...i bought a set of burris signature Z's & got them too high for a 50mm scope obj...if i get a 56mm obj itll make the high mounts worthwhile... :roll:

Whats your choice of mounts...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Scopes, sights and optics